PDA

View Full Version : WTB a high quality cam on a budget

ducdeeze
08-19-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm looking to buy a digital camera, but dont want to spend more than $200. I'm willing to buy used or off ebay, so I can be a bit flexible with the price.
Here are things I need in the camera:

At least a 3x optical zoom
Video Recording w/ audio
At least 2MP
Clear quality LCD

Here are things that I dont need, but would like:

Good Battery Life
Durable (doesnt feel flimsy or weak)
Fairly inexpensive media storage

I do not need the software or camera interface to be simple. I have my own software, and am good at working any type of tech device.
I hope I am not asking for too much. If anyone has any suggestions on a camera, just post the model name, and maybe a price, and I will do the researching and review reading. I'm doing it enough already anyhow.
Thanks in advance.

D70FAN
08-19-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm looking to buy a digital camera, but dont want to spend more than $200. I'm willing to buy used or off ebay, so I can be a bit flexible with the price.
Here are things I need in the camera:

At least a 3x optical zoom
Video Recording w/ audio
At least 2MP
Clear quality LCD

Here are things that I dont need, but would like:

Good Battery Life
Durable (doesnt feel flimsy or weak)
Fairly inexpensive media storage

I do not need the software or camera interface to be simple. I have my own software, and am good at working any type of tech device.
I hope I am not asking for too much. If anyone has any suggestions on a camera, just post the model name, and maybe a price, and I will do the researching and review reading. I'm doing it enough already anyhow.
Thanks in advance.

Canon A75. Does it all on a budget.

ducdeeze
08-20-2004, 06:34 PM
I heard that the Canon "A" series has a problem with some "E18" error. I even heard that after about a year they sometimes just die and stop functioning.

Do you have one? If so, do you know about this?

D70FAN
08-20-2004, 09:01 PM
I heard that the Canon "A" series has a problem with some "E18" error. I even heard that after about a year they sometimes just die and stop functioning.

Do you have one? If so, do you know about this?

I think there was one person (out of 250,000) that had an E18 error with an A70. That's the only case I know of. We like to know if there are large scale quality problems, but one problem out of 250,000 cameras is not a problem.

You even heard? From where? Give some specifics. What was the outcome?

Looking forward to your reply.

speaklightly
08-21-2004, 06:15 AM
George-

I own the Canon A-60, the A-70, and the A-80. I have experienced the E-18 error with my Canon A-70. So please put me down on your list. It is just my personal opinion, but I believe that the E-18 error may be more common than is generally believed.

Sarah Joyce

ducdeeze
08-23-2004, 12:15 PM
I read reports of that from the amazon.com reviews for the camera. I dont necessarily believe everything i hear, I just wanna know about this stuff before i buy a canon A series camera.