PDA

View Full Version : Who here shoots in full manual mode?

Cold Snail
03-21-2005, 10:13 AM
With that I mean, focusing and metering disabled on their cameras.

I have started a small collection of AI and AI-S lenses for my 35mm which gives Centre-weight and Spot metering on that (I'm not going to waste film), but on the D70 gives nothing apart from a view.

I'm just curious, because there are some excellent lenses to be had for a /th of the price of a modern auto-everything lens.

jeisner
03-21-2005, 03:24 PM
With my AF lenses I use AV mode and 50/50 with Manual or auto focus.

As I use a ist DS all my old Manual (pentax-m) lenses work and I use manual mode (have no choice) when I use my manual lenses, which I do use fairly often...

eagle17
03-22-2005, 06:50 AM
I almost never shoot in "FULL" manual mode. I do shoot with my camera set to manual mode which means AF is still on but everything else is set by me. I generally use an external spot meter or incedent meter depending on what I am shooting. I use this type of manual mode about 35-50% of the time depending on the time of year and what I am shooting.

Ant
03-22-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm pretty much a photo newbie and thought that I'd never use M on my D70 but a wee while ago I tried doing some manual metering as a test for the sunny 16 rule and got some of the best exposed shots that I've taken. I'd certainly be happy to use manual again.