PDA

View Full Version : Broken Exilim ZX-40 still usable?

penguinlvr07
03-18-2005, 06:59 PM
I just got a new Exilim ZX-40 a few months ago and I brought it to school for a project, and something happened and the LCD screen got craked, but on the inside so that you can't see the pictures when you turn the camera all you see is white and the crack lines. It seems to me that using it like a manual camera is ok because it still takes pictures. But there are events that I really want to use it for before I can get it repaired. So I was wondering if it was ok if I used it like a manual camera and just ignore the LCD screen, or will this mess up the camera on the inside.

gary_hendricks
03-18-2005, 07:59 PM
I just got a new Exilim ZX-40 a few months ago and I brought it to school for a project, and something happened and the LCD screen got craked, but on the inside so that you can't see the pictures when you turn the camera all you see is white and the crack lines. It seems to me that using it like a manual camera is ok because it still takes pictures. But there are events that I really want to use it for before I can get it repaired. So I was wondering if it was ok if I used it like a manual camera and just ignore the LCD screen, or will this mess up the camera on the inside.

For all intents and purposes, a cracked LCD screen is ok.