PDA

View Full Version : How can I see photo data (JPEG EXIF) on PC ?

Ausin
08-19-2004, 03:01 AM
Hi,

I wonder if I can see the image data on PC, i.e. the F stop, apature speed etc. that I see on the A80 LCD. I thought they are also stored in EXIF part of the JPEG, or is it totally wrong. Is the camera storing this data with the image (in the image file) ? or is it somewhere else, hence after downloading to PC it is lost ?

Thanks,

Ausin

Rhys
08-19-2004, 04:04 AM
Hi,

I wonder if I can see the image data on PC, i.e. the F stop, apature speed etc. that I see on the A80 LCD. I thought they are also stored in EXIF part of the JPEG, or is it totally wrong. Is the camera storing this data with the image (in the image file) ? or is it somewhere else, hence after downloading to PC it is lost ?

Thanks,

Ausin

under XP, right click the photo then click properties. On the properties window, select summary. If it's not shown then select advanced. Et voilá - all the photo data,

judge9847
08-19-2004, 09:28 AM
Or use any reasonable photo editing package, for example Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop etc., and look for the "image information". In PSP 8.1 it's under there. All the data you want.

And another "or" ... download one of the many free utilities like ExifRead or Exifer (Google will give you the links to them), load the image and as Rhys says "voilá" - every bit of data about the image plus several dozen you probably didn't even know exist!

AbhayBhise
09-07-2004, 08:49 AM
Download the Images from your Canon Camera. Use ZoomBrowser EX ( Software) supplied with the Canon Camera to see the images. Select the Image, right click, you see a window, click on Properties. A window will open. Extreme below, you will see all the settings that you used while shooting the Photo.
If this works, tell me on hightechpune@sify.com
:)