PDA

View Full Version : digital movie question

sushi
08-18-2004, 06:17 PM
I took several short movies w/my FUJI digital camera, and took them vertically rather than horizontally, so they need to be turned around in order to view properly on my home computer. Any way to do this? I've looked and looked on Windows Media Player, and QuickTime, but didn't see a way to do this. Help!!

Rhys
08-19-2004, 02:28 AM
I took several short movies w/my FUJI digital camera, and took them vertically rather than horizontally, so they need to be turned around in order to view properly on my home computer. Any way to do this? I've looked and looked on Windows Media Player, and QuickTime, but didn't see a way to do this. Help!!

I've done this only with short quick-time videos. It's a somewhat laborious process. I used a program called "bink and smacker", available from http://www.radgametools.com/scripts/binkver.asp?ver=1.6b.

What you have to do is to split the video into individual frames then use XP's rotate feature to rotate the frames then recombine all the frames and save as whatever file type you desire.

If you can get the file to save as small as the file you started with then good luck.

By the way, this is probably not the best way to do it but it works and it's one way of doing it.

Colin
09-14-2004, 08:39 AM
Jeff Keller managed this with his review of the Minolta A2, but didn't say how he did it. If you can catch his attention...

Also on movies, could someone enlighten me as to relevance of battery charge life to digicam use in movie mode? If a battery is good for 250 or so 5MPx images, does that mean it's only good for 4000 or so VGA images or ~2 minutes of video? Is there a possibility that the battery could run out before a large-ish (1 or 2 GB) card is full?

You'll gather I'm a digicam newbie! I'm only just about to put my trusty 1982 vintage Nikon out to pasture, and am eagerly awaiting JK's review of the Lumix FZ3. :)