PDA

View Full Version : Blurred Images

blackphnx
03-16-2005, 09:59 AM
This sounds stupid but this problem of mine cause me a great disappointment... Whenever I take a personal shot or an experimental shot, it is always clear and detailed... but when I'm about to take a serious shot like family gathering or a portrait.. my hands began to tremble which cause blur images... I really tried hard to freeze but then... still the same... I didn't have a tripod that time. Can anybody suggest some tip or technique or a practice how to overcome this or it is just a normal for an amateur?

Thanks.

Bluedog
03-16-2005, 10:34 AM
Just relax and hold the camera firmly in your hands. Increase the shutter speed if not using a flash as long as the exposure will allow it.

Robert Besen
03-16-2005, 07:24 PM
If your camera has an optical viewfinder, use it and brace the camera against your face.

Or, if your camera has a long enough strap, brace it with your elbow, or with your foot on a chair.

sherlock
03-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Hey,

If your camera has manual controls, decreasing the shutter speed (using a larger number- 1/60sec is twice as fast as 1/30sec) would help this problem. Also, using the camera strap to brace the camera helps too, but I think that some photographers get very tense when they want to keep the camera still, so just relax. Hope this all helps!

Andrew S.

Bluedog
03-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Just relax and hold the camera firmly in your hands. Increase the shutter speed if not using a flash as long as the exposure will allow it.

I correct my self above: decrease not increase ... :rolleyes:

blackphnx
03-17-2005, 03:59 AM
thanks for your tips... ill give a try.... i will show the images i got as soon as i transferred it to my laptop... im looking forward for your comments.. once again thanks.

gary_hendricks
03-21-2005, 09:03 AM
what you have to do is just get to the point of being confident with your camera. its like a young marksman. he shoots at targets using his scope and has no problem. when he is on a field shooting at his prey he gets tense and woried and all you have to do is get used to looking through the scope.

dengar
03-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Just try and remember that its a digital camera and that you can take several pictures. If it comes out blurry, take it again!