PDA

View Full Version : Printing problems!

Sea_Slug
03-15-2005, 09:21 AM
Hi
I recently bought an Epson R300 to help lower cost of printing images from my 20D. everytime I print an image it comes out alot darker than I took it. Does anyne know anything about why this might be and what I can do to correct it?

Thanks.

Ray Schnoor
03-15-2005, 10:23 AM
everytime I print an image it comes out alot darker than I took it.

By this, do you mean that it comes out darker than it shows up on your computer monitor, or are you printing directly out of the camera? Is your computer monitor calibrated?

Ray.

Sea_Slug
03-16-2005, 06:26 AM
Hi. thanks for the reply. :)
Pictures print darker than they are on the camera and on the monitor. No my monitor isn't calibrated, how do I do this? :confused:

gary_hendricks
03-16-2005, 06:51 AM
Have you tried changing the brightness of the picture through the printer software?

Sea_Slug
03-16-2005, 06:58 AM
The images print fine if I print them direct from the memory card (If I put the card in the printer) It is only a problem if I print from the computer or link up the camera to the computer...

Ray Schnoor
03-16-2005, 11:14 AM
What are your printing preferences set for on this printer? Since your prints are just printing dark, I would try setting your printing preferences under the advanced settings =>select color controls and try 2.2 gamma (if you are using Windows), 1.8 gamma (if you are using Mac).

Ray.

Sea_Slug
03-17-2005, 10:41 AM
I tried that and it didn't make a difference, thanks anyway! Is there any way it is a fault with the printer?