PDA

View Full Version : RAW not available for Digital Rebel??

anewman143
03-15-2005, 06:02 AM
I'm a bit confused...I was SURE (and I checked the manual!) that the Digital Rebel could shoot in RAW mode, but when I go to the menu for image quality, RAW is not listed! Firmware is up to date (v1.1.1)

Ideas??

HELP!

Adam

Ray Schnoor
03-15-2005, 06:42 AM
Yes, the Digital Rebel saves Raw with a medium JPG image.

If you expect to see it at the top of the menu above Large/fine, you won't see it. It is listed at the bottom of the menu after Small/normal.

Ray.

anewman143
03-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Ray

I understand...I looked at the bottom just like the illustration in the manual. It is NOT there...

Now what?

Re-install the firmware?

Adam

Ray Schnoor
03-15-2005, 11:59 AM
If you just bought the camera, I would take it back and get another. Otherwise, I would call Canon customer support and see what they say. I have never heard of this problem.

Ray.

dtrayers
03-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Make sure the camera is not in one of the basic modes. It has to be in a creative mode (Av, Tv, P or M) for a RAW image format.

D70FAN
03-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Make sure the camera is not in one of the basic modes. It has to be in a creative mode (Av, Tv, P or M) for a RAW image format.

Hopefully they fixed that on the XT.

anewman143
03-15-2005, 07:27 PM
dtrayers is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! If a custom mode is chosen, then RAW becomes an option. That is not well documented by Canon...

At any rate, I'll do some experimenting with RAW mode and see if I like it.

Thanks again, everyone...you've been both incredibly responsive and incredibly quick with an answer!

Adam