PDA

View Full Version : PowerShot A75 MODE DIAL (P,TV,AV,M)-Help?

markpb93
08-18-2004, 06:30 AM
Im new user and still trying to learn all the functions and the basic shooting .. canon powershot A75

I need some help... im trying to figure out whats the difference between "AUTO and P".. the user guide manual didnt explain the details... and if youre trying to shoot outside with ur friends what mode do i need to use?

whats are functions for P, TV,AV,M and Auto?

I could really use more information About MODE DIALS...
:confused: :)

bka314
08-18-2004, 11:40 PM
Im new user and still trying to learn all the functions and the basic shooting .. canon powershot A75

I need some help... im trying to figure out whats the difference between "AUTO and P".. the user guide manual didnt explain the details... and if youre trying to shoot outside with ur friends what mode do i need to use?

whats are functions for P, TV,AV,M and Auto?

I could really use more information About MODE DIALS...
:confused: :)

P mode offers some manual controls that the AUTO does not. I advice you to shot in P mode and set the ISO sensitivity to the less value (which is 50, I think), and change it only in very low light. So 50 will be perfect outside with friends.

Tv, Av modes offer manual control over the aperture/shutter speed, while the camera sets the other to match the lighting conditions. M is full manual mode.

You should experiment with them if you feel like, read the manual carefully again, and finally read some photography glossaries that you can find many on the web - so I don't want to repeat what's already written in those.

However if you just want to shot without going deeply into the technical details, I suggest to skip Av-Tv-M, and use P or all the other (but not the AUTO) modes.

Ludo
10-26-2004, 04:20 AM

I dont know if it is a problem, but mode dial makes some weird things. I mean that icon on dial should be on display in upper right corner.
But:

dial: M Av Tv P Auto port landsc night fast slow SCN stitch video
my display: M M P P Auto port port Auto stitch SCN SCN stitch video

Is software wrong?

Please help.

Ludo