PDA

View Full Version : New Casio's

camerafreak707
03-13-2005, 06:07 PM
I recently heard about the two new casio's. One that is same dimensions as the Z-55 and has 7.2 megapixles, the other that is the same as the Z55(pretty much) except has a 2.7 inch lcd screen. I want to get an ultracompact digital camera but dont know which one(Any recommendations) and wanted to know if anyone knew when these cameras would be for sale.

jfinite
04-05-2005, 12:57 PM
I'll do a copy/paste of what I wrote in another topic.

Just wanted to say that I love my z55. I've had it for about 4 months now. The picture quality is excellent outdoors. Indoors, I've found the flash more than acceptable, it could be improved, but that's true of any digicam. I like this cam for it's size, features and image quality. Night shots can turn out well if you use the appropriate settings and use a tripod or set the camera on something immovable, and use the timer. This cam goes everywhere with me and is great for capturing impromptu shots. Just my $0.02.

Oh yeah, the LCD is gorgeous, some folks would like more pixels, but it is so large and clear, it works great for me. It was another selling factor for me. If I were buying now, I might go for the z57, as it doesn't have an optical viewfinder, but is a slightly larger LCD. I never use the one on my z55 anyway! And I've shot 200 pics at a time without exhausting the battery, another selling point for me (Casio docs say 400 shot battery life, I'm inclined to believe them).

If your intention is to print photos (up to letter size) and put pictures on the web, either the z55, z57 or z750 will more than accomodate you, unless you plan on printing at an unusually large size. I have heard the new video mode on the z750 is much better than on the z5x series, so if that's important to you, keep it in mind. To sum it up, I'd say it depends on the size of your wallet :)

Also, check out the forums and reviews on these sites for up to the minute info on these cameras:
www.steves-digicams.com
www.dpreview.com