PDA

View Full Version : Looking for pix feedback again

kevinopp
03-12-2005, 07:05 PM
Threw some shots up for the first time 'bout 2 weeks ago, and got some nice feedback. Here's a few more, still love to hear what anyone has to say, good or bad.

Geoff Chandler
03-12-2005, 10:20 PM
I liked them all, especially the moon shot - is that for real??
I least liked the Autumn leaves against the sky - colours are lovely - but I feel there is no point of reference to it - so it could be almost on it's side or upside down even, that said you've captured the coulours beautifully.
The dog pic, though a bit blurry, has captured some personality which is nice. The B&W was a good idea - using the footprints in the snow as an eye leader into the picture. The Snowy trees is good - but I feel somehow it needs something additional in the pic to make it great, I know - these pictures often are just 'how it was' at the time - my wife likes to take pics like that one so she'd really like it. Just MHO
well done - keep 'em coming

Geoff

kevinopp
03-12-2005, 10:49 PM
yeah, the moon shot is for real. 12x optical x 4x digital on a tripod, shutter speed turned WAY down.

thanks on the leaves--the colors are so brilliant and crisp; it's murder to see it so small on this screen. That was how i saw the leaves when i looked back and up. it seems to confuse the spatial orientation of people that i show it to.

on the dog, i dig what that impossible moment of sheer dog excitement looks like.

just turned aroung and saw those tracks after walking. the shot just worked in B&W.

i agree snowy trees are so-so, but they do "reach out" more in a larger image, IMO.

Thanks for the thoughts! I really appreciate the feedback!

brispug
03-12-2005, 11:07 PM
what camera are you using by the way...

kevinopp
03-13-2005, 08:16 AM
what camera are you using by the way...

sorry--Panasonic DMZ-FZ20, although the fall shot was with an Elph.