PDA

View Full Version : smartmedia problem

carguy56
03-08-2005, 04:38 AM
I have an olympus c2000z. never had a problem until now. i took some pictures and went to view them via my card reader and nothing. they are viewable in the camera. i tried a different card reader but the same results. what happened?

gb_in_ga
03-08-2005, 06:36 AM
I can't tell you what happened based on what information you give, but I can give you a bit of advice. First, I'd hook the camera up to the computer using the USB cable and download the pictures that way -- this is so that you can get the pictures off and not potentially lose them. Then, I'd switch the card in the camera with a known good, formatted blank one. Shoot a picture or 2, and see if the card reader will read them. If so, then the problem is with the card. If not, the problem is with the camera.

carguy56
03-08-2005, 09:54 AM
you can't hook this camera up to a computer as far as i know. i have always had to use a card reader

gb_in_ga
03-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Hmm -- I just looked it up, and apparently you can use a computer, but you have to use a serial cable. (serial, not USB) From what I know from the old serial Oly D-320L that I used to have, that means that you have to use the proprietary software from Olympus to do the download if you are going to do it through the camera. So, if you don't have the cable, or you don't have the software, you might be out of luck along those lines.

carguy56
03-09-2005, 04:30 AM
i don't have either