PDA

View Full Version : Dx6490

linncountysports
03-04-2005, 05:39 PM
I realize it is a less then professional camera. I do get great outdoor sporting event pictures (football, baseball, soccer ect) for my website. However, it is terrible at indoor sporting events. The pictures either turn out really dark or really blurry. Any suggestions on the set-up I should be using to better optimize my photos? Should I use "sports" mode or what? Is there an external flash kit for this camera that I should get? Will it help?

dmjohn29
03-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Unfortunately to get really good low light pictures you're talking a digital SLR. You can try shooting in PASM mode and setting the ISO higher. The higher you go the noiser the image though. But if there's sufficient light you can do a decent job. I got some fairly good basketball and volleyball photos with my 6490 in the gymnasium.

Yes, the 6490 will accomodate an external flash. There's no shoe for a flash so you have to use a bracket, but you can either attach one vis the pc sync cord or get one of the flashes designed to work with digital cameras that trigger off the internal flash.