PDA

View Full Version : Taking pictures inside a pool environment (high humidity)

jwhite
03-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Is there a good way to take pictures inside in a high humidity area like around a pool? Last time I tried with my point and shoot camera my lense fogged up and some of the shots didn't turn out too good. I know have a Canon 10d, but I don't want the same thing to happen. I'm not sure if I left my camera out in the cold before hand, but if I did, I'm that didn't help. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jason

dwig
03-04-2005, 01:15 PM
The best cure is to let the camera adjust to the pool-room temperature before using it. This may take some time, though. I would suggest sealing the camera in a plastic zip-lock bag, with minimal extra air, an place it in the pool-room for 1-2 hours before you need to shoot. When its adjusted, you can remove it from the bag to shoot and should have less problem with it fogging up.

The addition of a UV filter to give you a replaceable glass surface to wipe it a reasonable idea BUT you should put the filter in the bag with the camera on its own and only mount it after taking the camera and filter out of the bag.