PDA

View Full Version : Ls443 Wont Work!

lisatwin-2
03-02-2005, 03:27 PM
My daughter took my LS443 to Costa Rica last week..the very first day there it got wet from rain. Would not work for a few hours. Started working but drained the battery very fast. She had a 2nd battery (energizer) and replaced the stock battery and it worked for a while, then had to keep changing the battery from one to another to keep the camera working...so that made me think it wasnt the battery at all. Well 7 days into her 10 day trip it just stopped working all together.
When she got hom I charged it in the dock...for days! Now when you take it off the dock the green light by the off switch will run for maybe 15-20 seconds but the camera will not turn on. There is a little red light near the view finder that also flashes for 15-20 seconds, then that shuts off too.
Also to transfer the small amount of pictures she actually got to take we had to take the card and put it directly into my computer because nothing would happen when I tried to transfer when it was on the dock, even though the green dock light was on.
Anyone have any ideas whats wrong?

Rex914
03-02-2005, 10:48 PM
As you mentioned right off the bat, it looks likely that the water did in the camera. At this point, if you are still under warranty, try and get it fixed/replaced (even though it isn't a defective product). Otherwise, it's probably better to get a new camera now that they're so cheap.

lisatwin-2
03-07-2005, 07:46 AM
It isnt under warranty and I am going out today to buy a new camera....

gary_hendricks
03-07-2005, 08:05 AM
It isnt under warranty and I am going out today to buy a new camera....

Guess it's sorta good excuse to get a new cam :)

lisatwin-2
03-07-2005, 03:03 PM
I bought a Samsung Digimax V70..it was just far too good of a price for 7mp. (I bought it at Costco for $389) Might not be the best camera in the world but it is better then one that doesnt work at all! (The camera is a brand new model , just out on the market 2-05)