PDA

View Full Version : looking for a specific feature...

jhoffstein
08-15-2004, 02:01 PM
I bought a digital camera a few years ago and the one feature I don't like about it is that I have to hold down the button halfway for a second to focus is, and then can push down all the way to take the picture. I'm looking for a digital camera where you can just push the button and take a picture (like for example a disposable camera.) Does this feature have a name so I could search for it? Are there decent cameras out there that can do this?
Thank you so much!

Rhys
08-15-2004, 02:29 PM
I bought a digital camera a few years ago and the one feature I don't like about it is that I have to hold down the button halfway for a second to focus is, and then can push down all the way to take the picture. I'm looking for a digital camera where you can just push the button and take a picture (like for example a disposable camera.) Does this feature have a name so I could search for it? Are there decent cameras out there that can do this?
Thank you so much!

Aha. You're talking, I believe, about a fixed-focus camera. I believe the long dead Casio GV-10 and Casio GV-20 were fixed focus but I'm not certain.

Many of the trashiest cheap digital cameras will be fixed focus. I believe everything else focusses.

Jake Conner
08-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I think there are still some fixed-focus cameras out there, but they're horrible... another option is a camera with a manual focus ring so you could focus ahead of time and take the picture with one press, or you could get a DSLR that does the same thing with half pressing but does it so fast it won't bother you.

Jake

speaklightly
08-16-2004, 10:12 AM
Read the reviews of the Casio QRV-51. That digital camera is reported to have little or no shutter lag. (sse www.dcresource.com and megapixel.net)

Sarah Joyce

Rhys
08-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Read the reviews of the Casio QRV-51. That digital camera is reported to have little or no shutter lag. (sse www.dcresource.com and megapixel.net)

Sarah Joyce

I believe the OP was after zero focus lag.