PDA

View Full Version : Zoom lens not smooth

new to digicam
02-28-2005, 03:20 AM
hi everyone, just join here, would like to know if anyone with the 18-70mm zoom is experiencing the same thing I'm going through. When I rotate the zoom ring, it is not smooth, kinda little tight when reaching the far end of the scale. Don't know if this is normal or defective, Any help would be appreciated, you guys are very helpful and thanks.

D70FAN
02-28-2005, 05:40 AM
hi everyone, just join here, would like to know if anyone with the 18-70mm zoom is experiencing the same thing I'm going through. When I rotate the zoom ring, it is not smooth, kinda little tight when reaching the far end of the scale. Don't know if this is normal or defective, Any help would be appreciated, you guys are very helpful and thanks.

In my experience the lens is pretty smooth through the whole range, although when I first got it it may have been fairly snug. Give it a couple of weeks. If it still drags at the extreme ends then it may be a problem.

About 5 months ago I sold the 18-70 in favor of the Sigma 18-125, so my experience is from memory, and I don't remember this being a problem.