PDA

View Full Version : Lag of pciture download

wall7760
02-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Alright. I have a Digital Rebel, and when I take day long events (for example, a dance competiton) the camera itself normally works at a good speed. After a couple hours of shooting (not continously) My camera starts to lag. It starts to take longer and longer for the camera to put the pictures onto the card. I need to play with it more, but I normally do not get a whole day to take pictures. Is it possible that the repition mode is making my camera slower? Or could it be my battery or flash card? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Its very frustrating when you get 3 mins to take all your pictures and half of that time is spend waiting for the camera to stop being "busy." Thanks.

Rhys
02-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Alright. I have a Digital Rebel, and when I take day long events (for example, a dance competiton) the camera itself normally works at a good speed. After a couple hours of shooting (not continously) My camera starts to lag. It starts to take longer and longer for the camera to put the pictures onto the card. I need to play with it more, but I normally do not get a whole day to take pictures. Is it possible that the repition mode is making my camera slower? Or could it be my battery or flash card? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Its very frustrating when you get 3 mins to take all your pictures and half of that time is spend waiting for the camera to stop being "busy." Thanks.

Let us have more details. What speed flash card? What size flash card? What type/compression images are you using?

Samuel Lo
02-27-2005, 09:57 PM

Sometimes when the battery capacity is low, everything will slow down (including saving, monitor display). Try with a fully-charged battery when it slow (if possible); or else, it may be the CF card problem (but rare in this case, if the saving to card is slow, it will not slow down with non continous shooting).

wall7760
02-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Sorry. Both of the cards that I use are 512, and i dont know the other things, tell me where i can find them and ill tell you. About the battery level, I thought that too, but last weekend when it started to get slow I changed battery level and formated my card befor I put it in and it consistanly got worse. I dotn know what to do. I think it might be one of my batteries. O well thanks.

Geoff Chandler
03-01-2005, 01:04 AM
I'm interested to see if anyone has an informed answer to this one - but I would think the battery might slow up us it runs down - although a lot of the modern camera batteries are designed to maintain a good output until they are pretry well used up. The other thing I thought of was - do cards slow down as they fill up? - a bit like PC hard drives as it becomes harder to sve into the remaining spaces - only a thought...

Geoff

Samuel Lo
03-01-2005, 10:31 AM
I'm interested to see if anyone has an informed answer to this one - but I would think the battery might slow up us it runs down - although a lot of the modern camera batteries are designed to maintain a good output until they are pretry well used up. The other thing I thought of was - do cards slow down as they fill up? - a bit like PC hard drives as it becomes harder to sve into the remaining spaces - only a thought...

Geoff

If it's a flash memory card - NO, it won't slow down even it nearly fill up, but if it's a microdrive it WILL.

Samuel Lo
03-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Sorry. Both of the cards that I use are 512, and i dont know the other things, tell me where i can find them and ill tell you. About the battery level, I thought that too, but last weekend when it started to get slow I changed battery level and formated my card befor I put it in and it consistanly got worse. I dotn know what to do. I think it might be one of my batteries. O well thanks.

Oh, do you mean you recharge the battery and change a newly formatted CF card? and it getting worse and worse after all have been done? If so, any expert can answer?

wall7760
03-02-2005, 04:55 PM
I do not recharge the battry i usea different one. and I have Flash memory cards, so i guess its not the card. I have no clue why it keeps doing it. After It starts to get slow I normally change out the battry and card because aroundthat timethey are both geting full/used up. But It dosent seem to make any difference. Any other suggestions?

Samuel Lo
03-02-2005, 08:07 PM
I do not recharge the battry i usea different one. and I have Flash memory cards, so i guess its not the card. I have no clue why it keeps doing it. After It starts to get slow I normally change out the battry and card because aroundthat timethey are both geting full/used up. But It dosent seem to make any difference. Any other suggestions?

Sorry, i have no idea any more.

wall7760
03-19-2005, 07:21 AM
ok so i think i have an awnser tomy own question. With the digital rebel, and with other cameras mabey, I found that the iso makes the camera lag somewhat when trying to take mulitiple shots and the higher the iso the more time length between pictures it takes, when you gown from 1600 to 800 you loose about a half a sec. per picture that you have to wait. Jsut thoguth I tell you all this incase anyone had the same problem.