PDA

View Full Version : DX7590 vs. New Z7590 ?!?!?

GoBengals
02-27-2005, 02:01 PM
I was browsing kodak.com seeing if there were any new accessories for my DX7590. I noticed they now have a Z7590, it looks identicle, it appears to have all of the same specs as the DX, but the list price is $50 cheaper, i didnt notice if maybe it just didnt come with the dock or something. Anyone know the difference between these two? or the reasoning coming out with almost an exact same model? is this just going to replace the DX?

:confused:

TechComm.ca
06-23-2005, 10:14 AM
This is from the original Kodak press release:

KODAK EASYSHARE Z7590 zoom digital camera
The KODAK EASYSHARE Z7590 camera is ideal for people who want to further experiment with photography using a fast performing digital camera that includes both automatic and manual settings. Specifically, the Z7590 model offers a professional quality SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON 10X optical zoom lens (38 380 mm equivalent) for outstanding dynamic range, fine detail and delicate highlights, and it is the first Z-Series camera to feature flash sync connection. Further, the camera is equipped with a live histogram, which enables users to see the exposure of their subject before taking the shot. Additionally, the exclusive KODAK Color Science chip results in portraits with edge-to-edge sharpness and brightness, rich color, and highly accurate exposure.

Hope this helps!

techcomm
:)

haidaoqi
07-13-2005, 03:45 AM
I just bought z7590 last month.As much as I know,it is same as DX7590.The seller told me that KODAK had stopped producing DX7590.I find my Z7590 was made in JAPAN.

abou1000
07-16-2005, 04:42 PM
hi. i just bought a z7590. there IS difference. kodak is replacing the dx zoom series with the new z series. between the two 7590's there is only one difference. improved video: the z now takes vga/30fps video. the other can do vga/12fps or something like that. the color of the exteriour is a little different too.
other than that, they're the same. like i said just a new name for the series realy. your camera is no different than the newer ones..

abou1000
08-18-2005, 05:40 PM
also, the dock interface is different.

ARROWHEAD
08-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Did any of you notice that a post was made about a little thing called a HISTOGRAM? Well is was and thats another difference between the two cameras. Can you find anymore?

vgs1895
06-18-2006, 10:53 AM
I just joined because I was trying to find the difference between the Z and DX. I've been happy with my DX (except that it has no manual focus, which the Z probably doesn't either). Is there enough of a difference to justifying buying a Z version (not that I intend to right now)?

Thanks. :)

sw2cam
06-18-2006, 11:42 AM
The Z has a 2 and 10 second timer.
The Z has a live HISTOGRAM.
The Z has a new interface connection.

The Movie image resolution VGA (640x480 pixels) at 12 fps
QVGA (320x240 pixels) at 20 fps is the same on both rigs.

They both offer the same lens.

They both offer the same sync flash connetion in the same location.

The body color is the same.

No maual focus on the DX or the Z7590.

The Z is a slight upgrade to the DX that is no longer built.

I have both rigs. I bought the Z because I like the DX so much. I figured I'd get the Z before they replaced it with something I didn't want at all. I use both rigs when shooting at the track. One with a wide lens one with a long lens. It's nice to be able to switch back and forth and never have to stop to think what controls are different. I gave my two DX6490's to my Son and Daughter.

vgs1895
06-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Thank you SO much, SW. I really appreciate your very succinct comparison of both of them. You've answered all my questions. I see no need to buy the new one now since I don't really need it. I take tons of family photos (I have six kids!), plus baseball pictures. We have a college league baseball team in town, and we always have some of the team living with us. I take photos of them in action, and my camera has been great for that.

Thank you again!

Does the "sw" stand for Star Wars? One of ours is very much into that.

sw2cam
06-19-2006, 07:43 PM
VGS..............you are welcome. No, and I bet I'm one in a million that had never seen star wars on the big screen. In fact I'm not sure I ever seen star wars from start to end.