PDA

View Full Version : Battery Life

tpkohler
02-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Recently purchased a DiMage Z3, and it always seems to be out of battery power. The reviews I have read do not call it a battery "hog". Is there some test I can do to determine if the [U]particular hardware piece I have is defective in regard to power consumption. Number of images from a fully charged set of batteries is not very definitive because some people will spend a lot of time composing and looking before clicking. If someone knew how long it should take to to discharge a full set of batteries with just the LCD panel on, and no other action, it would be a big help.

I am using 2300mahr NIMH batteries.

I like the camera, and if I can prove there is something wrong with the power consumption, I would exchange it (under warranty) for the same model not having that defect.

ktixx
02-27-2005, 11:43 AM
With your camera are you using akaline batteries or NIMH rechargeable batteries? If you are using Alkaline, they usually die fairly quickly. If you are using NIMH how many Milliamp Hours are they rated for (around 2100 is pretty good). I don't know much about the camera, but that hefty 12x zoom and the IS has to consume batteries.

Ken