PDA

View Full Version : Problem with RSS feed

Tiago
02-25-2005, 04:40 AM
Hi there Jeff. Many thanks for your excellent website. Though my participation in the fora is scarce, I've been a regular reader of your site since 2002.

I should note a minor issue that I've been experiencing in the last few days. Did you change anything in the RSS feed? I've been using it as a "live bookmark" in my Firefox browser, and it has worked fine for many months. However, I can't recall exactly when, a few days ago it has stopped working (Firefox says it fails to load). It's a strange problem, because the file news.rdf exists and I can download it. Perhaps the server is sending the wrong mime type and Firefox doesn't understand it?

dtrayers
02-25-2005, 07:16 AM
I noticed it stopped working about 5 days ago. I recall it was working at the start of the PMA show...

Jeff Keller
02-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys, I'll check it out later... probably some character the newsreaders don't like are in the feed.

gary_hendricks
02-25-2005, 06:06 PM
I noticed it stopped working about 5 days ago. I recall it was working at the start of the PMA show...

Yeah I noticed that too.

Jeff Keller
02-25-2005, 07:07 PM
There was a character that was making RSS readers unhappy. It should be gone now, so let me know if you're still having trouble.

Tiago
02-26-2005, 05:10 AM
It's working now. Thanks Jeff.