PDA

View Full Version : how do i upload pics to a forum

zena
02-23-2005, 06:13 AM
hello all just joined this excellent forum have newly purchased fz3 have got the nack of attaching pics to emails , but cannot figure out the methode of putting a pic on a forum such as ebay to show items for sale for example.

do i need specific software?? have picasa2 and software that came with fz3 but there seems to be no (forum attatchment feature) although this is shown in help file of software.

thank you all

Digideb
02-23-2005, 08:30 AM
I had a problem, too. When they first started this gallery, I tried to post a pic. & my "file was too big". :( (You'll see my complaint in the "My 1st Submission" thread.)
I'm kinda "low-tech". I'm able to email pix, but I couldn't figure out how to get them on this forum. Then, the "Administrator" of this site informed me that I need to go through a "photo sharing" site. I checked out one site that another forum member ("Speaklightly") was using. It's called "Smugmug", but it does cost about $30 a yr. & I'm not sure if I want to spend $ to post pix.
There may be some free photo sharing sites, I haven't done much research on it yet.

Norm in Fujino
02-23-2005, 08:59 AM
I've written this in a separate message to Digideb as well, but you might check first with your internet provider to see if they offer customers free space for websites. If so, you can upload your photos to your own "web space" and have total control over them.

Second, if your photos are too big, you need to become a wee bit more "tech savvy" ;) and learn how to reduce your photos' size. A program like Paintshop Pro or Photoshop Lite (or probably other free programs that come bundled with your camera) are capable of resizing photographs. Keep them no bigger than 700x500 pixels or so, and below 100k in size, and you'll make everyone happy.

Good luck.

Geoff Chandler
02-23-2005, 01:58 PM
I will keep trying - but i haven't managed to work it out yet either.
I have no problem with manipulating a photo, size etc. But it's getting it from ahost web site - onto a Forum and making it show - now that's the challenge for me. Probably dead easy for most - but sometimes the old Dyslexia gets in the way!
Here - I'll try this one: -
http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/42184a5az2415d31d/927b/__sr_/94f5.jpg?phEDQHCBXKTWlS6h
Hmm doesn't look like it shows up. ~ All it does is takes YOU to the picture, not the picture to you.
Geoff

Franknbeans
02-23-2005, 04:40 PM
I had this same problem when first I tried to post. I found that if you go to a site called photobucket.com you can set up a free account and upload your images to their server. Any pictures above a certain size will automatically be produced at a smaller rate. Also the site has all of the necessary tags for various blogging and ebay accounts. The one for this site is the [IMG] tag.

Hope this helped.

-Frank

zena
02-24-2005, 03:14 AM
thanks all for your replies will try photobucket does seem a bit of a performance compared with just attatching a pic to an email

thank you

Geoff Chandler
02-24-2005, 03:29 AM
True!
I'll just stick with quick links I think..
Here's England, Malver Hills area during a nice bike ride
http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/42184a5az2415d31d/5e9b/__sr_/34a6.jpg?phy3bHCBaVRVV8nK
Less hassle
Geoff

zena
02-24-2005, 04:21 AM
hi all having just recieved a reply on this subject on another forum when you wish to "upload" a pic you click on post reply and scroll down to manage attchements ,choose image and upload to site ,seems though you are limited to smaller file sizes ,but this does seem quite straight forward .

have joined photobucket .

thanks all

Norm in Fujino
02-24-2005, 05:55 AM
True!
I'll just stick with quick links I think..
Here's England, Malver Hills area during a nice bike ride
http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/42184a5az2415d31d/5e9b/__sr_/34a6.jpg?phy3bHCBaVRVV8nK
Less hassle
Geoff

Unfortunately, Geoff, that link doesn't work. If someone is going to upload a photo link, it has to end in "jpg" for a photo. And in Yahoo's case, even though there is a jpg in the middle, it doesn't work. Yahoo apparently doesn't like links to its photo uploading site :mad:

Geoff Chandler
02-24-2005, 06:49 AM
Odd?
When I click on the link - it opens a window with the picture in it
Does that not happen for anyone else??
Geoff

Digideb
02-24-2005, 08:01 AM
Gee, I thought I would be the only one struggling with posting pix. Because I don't have Photo Shop, etc. & I'd never used a photo sharing site, I came up with my own way to post pix here. I mentioned it on another thread but maybe it would be helpful to some people here.
Don't laugh, it may sound wacky, but it works. :) First I should say, I have Windows XP w/ My Pictures & Outlook Express.
1. Select a pic from My Pictures & click "Email this file"
2. A sm. window should offer to downsize the pic. for emailing, click OK
3. Email the pic. to yourself. I use my Yahoo address because I get a pop up that tells me when a new message comes in. ( 1-2 mins.)
4. Go to your emailed pic. & right click on it selecting "Save picture as..." & put the pic. back in My Pictures as a separate file.
Now, the pic. is properly downsized for use on this forum. You should be able to go to "Manage Attachments" & proceed. Bear in mind, I'm very "low-tech" & still consider myself a newbie so if there's something wrong with this method, let me know.
I hope this helps more people post pix. I'm enjoying them! :)

Norm in Fujino
02-24-2005, 08:32 AM
I dunno for others, but not for me. Sorry Geoff.

Geoff Chandler
02-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Ok, I think we've got 2 subtle differences here.
here's the pic in question (below) reduced, no problem, to 680 x whatever...
and then compressed about 78% to get it just under 40kb - the orig is 662,948kb and looks much better. What I was trying to do was enable the orig to be viewed here, via another website - thus avoiding clogging up Jeff's space here. I'm sure that's what some others have done - but it would seem Yahoo doesn't work like that. That's because thats the website I chose to use!! Never mind. And is Norm the only one who cannot get the link to work??
Geoff

wicky54
08-25-2012, 10:49 PM
hi ,

let me give you a detailed explanation on this.

first thing is most of the forums will not have a direct upload process, even if they have one that would be too lengthy and time taking.so the best way is to use image sharing (www.deffe.com) websites. by uploading image (www.deffe.com) on 5to these sites we can save our time , as they will generate fast links
first of all make sure that image you want to post is already present in your computer(if not no problem you can also paste the url of the picture).

example : 1)
I started creating a post in a forum. where I want to paste a car picture in the following snap of a forum:

now keep it a side and open a new tab of the site (www.deffe.com) i mentioned earlier.

2)upload the picture on to the site here i am uploading the car picture nammed GT-R2.jpg

3)and then click upload.you can also upload multiple images at a time.after the upload is done you will be presented with the uploaded pictures and you are now able to select what kind of code and links you need. For example if you like to post your picures on a forum like in this case as i have shown then you simply select BBCodes in the dropdown box and then Copy the code in the text box or message box.

4)after you copied the code, go back to the forum where you started and paste the code where you want the image to appear: In this example i pasted the code after typing small text so that the image appears after my text

5)now enjoy the picture posted onto the forum.