PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT buy from BUYDIG.COM!!!

Sue Esponte
02-22-2005, 07:28 AM
Website says "In Stock. Ships in 1-2 business days."

They processed my payment the day I ordered the camera.

I called them 4 days later because I still hadn't received a shipping notification.

Sure enough, it wasn't shipped, and "Eli" in customer service goes on to say they "don't have any in stock." The order was canceled and 2 days later, I still haven't seen the credit come across my credit card although they claim to have processed the refund.

Bad business, IMHO.

Fred
02-22-2005, 09:16 AM
I'm sorry to hear of the problem you encountered and sincerely hope it is cleared up soon. On the other hand, many folks, myself included, have had good luck dealing with Buydig or the sister site, Beach Camera. Given my experience, I don't believe they were purposefully trying to cheat you, but would hope that it was an honest mistake that is resolved soon.

nate
02-22-2005, 01:25 PM
It's unfortunate that you had a bad experience with buydig.com, but they should NOT be lumped in the with all the shady bait-and-switch shops out there. Buydig is a reputable place, and I'm sure your refund will show up soon. Don't panic. :)

housewolf
02-22-2005, 04:42 PM
And......it makes good sense to follow some of the advice given in a few of the other current threads here about internet dealings.

Always call first to confirm that it is in stock at the time of ordering.

voomo
02-22-2005, 06:18 PM
The order was canceled and 2 days later, I still haven't seen the credit come across my credit card although they claim to have processed the refund.

Its really not their fault on that. The company has no control over how long it takes for your credit card company to process the refund back to the card. I have even bought something in the store and the same day returned it and guess what. Took me a week to get the refunded cash on the card. Its just a process they have nothing to do with.

Ron Rosenwald
02-23-2005, 02:38 PM
I replaced my order for an Evolt - E-300 with BuyDig.com Tuesday afternoon. I will save $200 over what B & H charged me, and have already been notified that my order was shipped last night via Fed Ex..... it is on the way and expected friday afternoon here in Florida. In the meantime, I still am owed a bit over $200 in credit from B &H who promised to send me a check within 72 hours. They now are only $100 apart.....but thats almost enough for the Sigma 55-200 lens! Or the Fl-36 flash is half paid........ Assuming it arrives as promised, I will be a happy man. Sorry you had a problem.....but it appears from my survey of the websites, that is unusual with them.
Ron

UPDATE: Feb 28th.... received promised rebate check from B & H and it was sent via UPS too..... as promised........ rewarded them back by ordering Fl36 flash, extra battery, and a Sigma 55-200 lens.
Ron

Ron Rosenwald
02-25-2005, 08:26 PM
But it did arrive Thursday afternoon! that was about 48 hours from the time That i placed the order.....after being assured the camera WAS in stock..... and what WAS included in the box....... As far as I am concerned, BUYDIG is A-OK with me! : Now to start working with this camera...... it sure fits nicely in the hand, is light weight, yet looks and feels sturdy!
Ron

ktixx
02-28-2005, 10:44 AM
Website says "In Stock. Ships in 1-2 business days."

They processed my payment the day I ordered the camera.

I called them 4 days later because I still hadn't received a shipping notification.

Sure enough, it wasn't shipped, and "Eli" in customer service goes on to say they "don't have any in stock." The order was canceled and 2 days later, I still haven't seen the credit come across my credit card although they claim to have processed the refund.

Bad business, IMHO.

There are many online retailers who Bait and Switch, sell gray market equipment, and overall have shady business practices. There are also a select few who are honest, authorized dealers and give decent prices on todays electronic goods. In my research and personal experiences I would have to say that B&H and buydig.com are both reputable internet dealers. There are times when even the best most honest store, with the most unbelievable customer service reps will upset a customer, most of the time it is simply because the customer wants the world and the CSA isn't about to give it to them :p But overall be careful about harsh abrupt statements such as "DO NOT BUY FROM..." You may have had a bad experience but overall if you look at the situation, IE: you had a problem, called and they refunded your money, this is MUCH better the most companies would do. Basically in a nut shell, the reason you probably purchased from Buydig.com was because of the rating and countless positive reviews from other customers, one bad experience should not negate all the positives. Good luck with future purchases
Ken

shutter_bug
03-11-2005, 12:45 PM
I also got burned by the BuyDig "In Stock" situation. Their ratings are either Excellent or Poor and not much in between. So if you are "lucky" enough to select an in stock item and there are no packing/shipping issues then you can get a good deal. But woe unto you if you select an item that is out of stock, even though their website lists it as "In Stock"

Here is my story ----------------------------------------------------------

I ordered a Canon PowerShot Pro1 on 2/28 and waited for two days without any shipping confirmation. (My credit card had been charged on 2/28) On Wednesday 3/1, I called them and was infromed that the item was out of stock but would be in stock by the following Monday. The rep offered a "free shipping upgrade" to next day air that I thought was reasonable and fair so I let the order stand.

The next week I called on Tuesday and was told the order would ship out on Wednesday. I called on Wednesday and was told that the item was not in stock. At this point I cancelled the order and sent the company an email cancelling the order. I did get an email replay saying that a refund had been issued on the 10th only after I email them.

The morale of this story is to call the company before you place an online order, be sure to read the fine print regarding any other strange requirments they might have to do business with them. Seems like a lot of trouble for a simple online purchase doesn't it!

I did get my refund from them on March 15th! But the morale of the story is still the same - call first and make sure its in stock - don't get caught in the old out of stock scam. :eek:

Cornick
03-11-2005, 04:50 PM
I just got my Nikon 8800 today from them. And they were great, on the phone.

I called them and ordered it over the phone on Wednesday, they shipped it that day and I received it today (Friday). They have been great so far for me.

Hope you get everything resolved quickly.

palmbook
03-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Sorry to hear that.

However, I bought 2 cameras from them. Nikon 8800 and D70. Everything was fine. The first time, 8800 was out of stock. But it's not bad as they upgrade the shipping method. Second time is great. Everything flowed well and my D70 arrived earlier than expacted. ;)

gary_hendricks
03-12-2005, 07:49 AM
So sorry to hear that. I've had friends ordering from BuyDig.com and they never had a problem.

pas49ras
03-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Sorry to hear about your problem..I have boughten 2 cameras from BUYDIG and was pleased both times. The last one, a Nikon 8800 just last week and it was delivered a day early.

TEE HEE
03-24-2005, 09:24 PM
I bought my first camera from buydig.com. A Canon rebel Ti. I had a great experience with them after trying to deal with a couple of venders in the back of photo mags. Even if the website says in stock I CALL and ask if it is in stock, ready to ship and when will it ship. I also ask if it is a US model, with US warranty, brand new in box. Of course they ask if I want a extended warranty or other items. I simply say not right now thanks. Confirmed price and shipping date and had my camera in 2 days.