PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Photography

Tushar Shah
02-22-2005, 01:21 AM
i recently did a friends wedding and was suffering from slow shutter speed. The enviornemnt was a marquee with tungsten lighting and I was using a Canon 10D with 550EX flash. At an ISO of 800 i was still getting a slow shutter speed. I had set the controls to AV f.8 in order to get sharpness in the picutre.

Does anyone have any tips...should I use high synch flash :confused:

speaklightly
02-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Tushar-

When you are using th Aperture Preference mode (AV) with a fixed aperture setting of F 8.0, then, the sucess of your digital photos, is directly dependent on the level of light present. In your case, the level of light was affected by two items. The available existing/ambient light and the flash output you were using from your Canon EOS 10D created the level of lighting that was present and available for a digital photo in the scene.

The only other variable in the photo environment was the ISO setting of the digital camera. Under normal conditions, to get a higher shutter speed either one of the following factors, or a combination of these factolrs had to occur to create an increased or higher shutter speed in your Canon 10D:

(1) Using a higher, or increased, ISO setting.

(2) Increasing the existing/ambient light.

(3) Using a higher, or increased flash output.

Speaklightly

Tushar Shah
02-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the feedback..will try it out next time.