PDA

View Full Version : Camera Dock Transfer Problems

craftycas
02-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Hi all. Has anybody else had this issue: I use a DX7440 and Camera Dock 6000. About 50% of the time when I press the transfer button on the dock, the transfer does not initiate. When I try it from the software, it says it does not detect the camera. So far the only solution I've found is to restart the computer. What a pain! Computer is plenty powerful (P4, 160GB hard drive, 512mb memory, etc). Using updated Easyshare software.

Also, has anybody discovered a way to view the pics in the camera on the computer and do the reviewing/deleting from the pc (deleting pics on the camera memory)? My old Olympus has that feature with Camedia Master. Very nice for reviewing lots of pics and picking and choosing what to leave on the camera.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

speaklightly
02-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Camera Dock Users-

If you use a digital camera dock or a digital camera dock/printer please give me a small portion of your attention. If you are experiencing downloading problems with a digital camera dock or a digital camera dock/printer, the solution to your problems may be a low cost digital camera chip reader that runs from $10 to $16.

Especially if you are using an earlier Windows Operating Systems, such as Windows 95/98, Windows ME, or Windows 2000 a digital camera chip reader may indeed provide a better solution than a digital camera dock or a digital camera printer dock.

Unfortunately, digital camera docks and digital camera printer docks are both fairly large in size and rather expensive in cost. However, they are, at times, possibly hamstrung by their dedicated software. If you are having problems downloading while using a digital camera dock or digital camera printer/dock, then please give some serious consideration to using a rather simple, straight forward digital camera chip reader.

Speaklightly

gary_hendricks
02-20-2005, 09:24 AM
Camera Dock Users-

If you use a digital camera dock or a digital camera dock/printer please give me a small portion of your attention. If you are experiencing downloading problems with a digital camera dock or a digital camera dock/printer, the solution to your problems may be a low cost digital camera chip reader that runs from $10 to $16.

Especially if you are using an earlier Windows Operating Systems, such as Windows 95/98, Windows ME, or Windows 2000 a digital camera chip reader may indeed provide a better solution than a digital camera dock or a digital camera printer dock.

Unfortunately, digital camera docks and digital camera printer docks are both fairly large in size and rather expensive in cost. However, they are, at times, possibly hamstrung by their dedicated software. If you are having problems downloading while using a digital camera dock or digital camera printer/dock, then please give some serious consideration to using a rather simple, straight forward digital camera chip reader.

Speaklightly

I vouch for that - a chip reader is indeed a better solution.

GoBengals
02-23-2005, 09:53 PM
i agree, a card reader is better solution in most cases, the dock comes with some kodak's though, if you do decide to stick with the dock, just bring all of the photos to your computer, and do what you want with them there, them load anything you want back on the card. i use the dock on my deksopt and a pcmcia card reader for my laptop on the road. both work fine for me, the dock is fine because you dont have to take out the memory card, just set it down and launch from the pc. neither one takes much effort. I have a 1Gb sd card so i really dont have a reason to ever take it out of the camera.

as for being able to delete photos on the card while its docked, that should be supported, i dont have mine in front of me at the moment, but i would assume its as simple as right cliking then delete or highlighting and hitting the delete button on your keybaord. :confused: