PDA

View Full Version : Wide angle lenses

akks
10-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Hi all

I have a D90 and am thinking of getting a wide angle lens to play around with. I am just an amateur getting into this so don't need top of the range stuff. Planning on shooting a range of stuff - interiors, exteriors, landscapes, groups, day to day things.

If price were not an issue, I would go with Nikkor, but it is. So I am thinking about one of the following 3 lenses:

Tamron SP AF 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Lens (can get a good deal on this one, so it's the cheapest for me)

Sigma 10-20mm F/4-5.6 EX DC HSM (I did a quick forum search prior to posting, and seems that this lens has garnered a lot of happy customers. But it's a bit more expensive and has a shorter range than the Tamron).

Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX 11-16mm f/2.8 (i have read good reviews, but it is the most expensive, may be difficult to locate and has a smaller range than the others).

Your comments and suggestions much appreciated.

I have heard a lot about the last 2 lenses, but not the Tamron (though I have read reviews), so I would be particularly interested to hear about actual experiences with that one.

Cheers