PDA

View Full Version : 360 photos

robrob8
02-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Hi, I have a nikon d70 and the 360 lens from Egg Solution, www.eggsolution.com. I want to use these together but am confused about the type of lens that I'll need on the D70 to attach the Egg 360 lens. Does anyone have any experience with the Egg 360 lens that can offer me tips to using it? How can I get the best indoor results with thsi 360 lens? Thanks in advance.

dwig
02-20-2005, 07:36 AM
Haven't handled the lens myself, but after skimming their website its possible to distill some info. "Translated" from the list of supported P&S cameras to D70 I would expect the following:

1. You need a normal to slight tele lens; exactly what FL is hard to tell. The 35mm equiv FL range common to the sampling of P&S cameras I looked at would translate to a range of 25-80mm on a D70

2. You need a lens with some slight macro. The EGG system appears to project an aerial image at a virtual distance of about 6 inches.

gary_hendricks
02-20-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi, I have a nikon d70 and the 360 lens from Egg Solution, www.eggsolution.com. I want to use these together but am confused about the type of lens that I'll need on the D70 to attach the Egg 360 lens. Does anyone have any experience with the Egg 360 lens that can offer me tips to using it? How can I get the best indoor results with thsi 360 lens? Thanks in advance.

Sorry just a question is Egg Solution a reliable vendor?

robrob8
02-23-2005, 01:02 PM
I purchased the lens off of Ebay, and tried the EGG support and forum there to get answers to my questions, but I received no repsonses as yet. There lens is in wide use, but they have a very limityed distribution. I don't know where all those real estate agents are getting their equipment from.
I tried stacking multiple filters between the lens and camera body, that seems to have made a difference so I ordered a tube extension that will fit the d70 and the lenses that I have. That may provide the focal length focusing distance that the EGG needs.
I'll keep you posted.

I have found the EGG software extremely easy to use, much easier than prviewer, but I don't like having their logo on the finished 3D viewer product, so I may use prviewer anyways.

shayne
04-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Hi,

I agree that the egg viewer for the web is a pain cos it has the egg logo on the splash screen & the controls.

Does anybody know of another software solution that can be used , as i have seen prviewer mentioned but can't find it on the web

Thanks

Shayne

irishis
04-27-2005, 08:10 AM
I hope this is ok to post here, but this particular product is really good but lacks support when you have questions. So I thought maybe if i set up a group aimed at just the EGG lens and tips and tricks for using it, maybe we can help each other. Here is the url: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/egglens/

By the way I'm trying to use the lens to create virtual tours for realtors but am running into a few problems but in general i love the ease of use.
Erin

abdulnoushad
12-05-2005, 05:15 AM
Dear Friends,

Am very sorry to say that egg photo 360 degree lens not compatible with Nikon D 70 or any DSLR available in the market, Since am working with Egg Solution. There is no issues with camera, Only problem is with lens available for these DSLR. egg lens can mounted camera with a basic lens, whose macro or minimum focus distance come should under 13 cm. but unfortunately till there date there in no lens available in the market with this specification.

Finally, my personnel recommendation, This is just a experiment that you can do with your camera. Try to find a reverse mount for the lens and camera body. That is lens can be attached in such a way that front side, where we attach filters will be fitted on the camera's body using reverse adapter. other end we used a reverse mount to attach filter(i such a way that to convert Nikon proprietary mount to a 52 or 58 mm filter thread) and try to fix suitable lens stepping ring.

I hope this will work out.Please send me replies to personnel id, if possible.
noushadkaa@yahoo.com

All the best,
Regards,
Abdul Noushad

N.B. please take care of dust particule to enter inside camera for better results.