PDA

View Full Version : coolpix4500 mem interface

LucaPesando
02-18-2005, 07:07 AM
:confused:
I'm wondering about the real advantage in write speed one can get by using a ultra II cf card (the 9 Mbyte/sec one) instead of a standard one on a coolpix 4500. Has anyone direct experience about this?
Luca

speaklightly
02-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Luca-

Yes, I have a good deal of experience with both normal and high speed read/write electronic data chips. The only time, at least in my experience, that high speed read/write ships are valuable is when you are using the burst mode or doing very long video clips.

So, if you are not using the burst mode or taking very long video clips, why not save some money and just use regular electronic data cards/chips?

Speaklightly

John_Reed
02-19-2005, 05:18 PM
:confused:
I'm wondering about the real advantage in write speed one can get by using a ultra II cf card (the 9 Mbyte/sec one) instead of a standard one on a coolpix 4500. Has anyone direct experience about this?
Luca...I have a remote cable for the 4500, Nikon's "MC-EU1" accessory, which I originally bought for my (lost) CP990. Bear with me here, it relates to your question. I plugged it into the 4500, and the camera started behaving very badly. It was either slow to start up, timed out entirely and shut down again, never really worked well. So, I called Nikon Tech. Support and described my problem. His first question: "What size memory card are you using?" I replied "256MB SanDisk, why do you ask?" "Well, he said, we don't really support cards bigger than 128MB, so that might be your problem." I shook my head in wonder, but I went ahead and plugged in a 128MB card I had, and voila! the camera/remote worked fine. Now, without the cord attached, it still seemed to work fine with the larger card, but now you're asking about bigger, faster cards, and it just made me wonder?