PDA

View Full Version : Pictures taken on my Nikon D100

idssms
02-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Hi Folks:

Please check out my pictures taken on my D-SLR Nikon D100. Used mostly the 85-200 mm lense.

All the beach pictures were taken with the telephoto lense. The night pictures were taken with the Nikon SB80 Speedflash.

Any questions plz ask.

Don

Webshot Site: http://community.webshots.com/user/irwind101

gholston
02-15-2005, 12:37 AM
some of your photos remind me of someone "peeping" on unsuspecting women on the beach.

hard to really tell anything about the physical quality of the images, as many to most look underexposed.

kind of like something a high school kid would do, not having the courage to actually approach these women...

NewTekBuzz
02-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Were you using "Auto" mode on all those pics?

....So Mr. idssms... we just have a few more questions before we let you go, we you with the two ladies on the beach?

Just kidding, not to shabby. is that your first dSLR?

D70FAN
02-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Hi Folks:

Please check out my pictures taken on my D-SLR Nikon D100. Used mostly the 85-200 mm lense.

All the beach pictures were taken with the telephoto lense. The night pictures were taken with the Nikon SB80 Speedflash.

Any questions plz ask.

Don

Webshot Site: http://community.webshots.com/user/irwind101

gohlston...It's a public beach. But that said it is a little paparazzi-esque. In fact most of the pictures look like sizeable crops, as they are a tad soft and could use a round with Noise Ninja. Which 85-200 lens? Nikkor? From a former film camera?

gholston
02-15-2005, 10:54 AM
ok, so maybe I was being a little harsh on him. it is, after all, a public area.

just seemed to me to be a little humorous. :cool:

D70FAN
02-15-2005, 10:56 AM
ok, so maybe I was being a little harsh on him. it is, after all, a public area.

just seemed to me to be a little humorous. :cool:

Guess there's a little voyeur in all of us... ;)

idssms
04-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Hey Guys:

I was using a Nikkor 80 - 200 mm lense that I bought with my D100.

I will be going to Malaga Spain in May and will take more beach pics. What you dont know is that my wife took half of the pics and I the other half.

Its a public beach and all is fair. The comment made by holston was not appreciated but thats his problem, not mine.

Thanks for the positive comments. I just bought the wide angle lense for the D100 and it works great. I think its 18 - 24 mm. I will use it in Europe in May along with the other lenses.

I love this D100 and wouldnt trade it for anything. I previously had the Point and Shoot Nikon 5000 coolpix which is a toy in my opinion. The SB-80 Flash does a good job also.

idssms

D70FAN
04-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Hey Guys:

I was using a Nikkor 80 - 200 mm lense that I bought with my D100.

I will be going to Malaga Spain in May and will take more beach pics. What you dont know is that my wife took half of the pics and I the other half.

Its a public beach and all is fair. The comment made by holston was not appreciated but thats his problem, not mine.

Thanks for the positive comments. I just bought the wide angle lense for the D100 and it works great. I think its 18 - 24 mm. I will use it in Europe in May along with the other lenses.

I love this D100 and wouldnt trade it for anything. I previously had the Point and Shoot Nikon 5000 coolpix which is a toy in my opinion. The SB-80 Flash does a good job also.

idssms

Rock on....

speaklightly
04-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Please believe me. The is a lot more in Malaga, Spain than just beach photos. I have been there many times.

Sarah Joyce

Bluedog
04-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Webshots isn't the best place for showing of an quality in ones photography.

idssms
04-08-2005, 05:14 AM
You are 100% Correct about webshots. I pay $30 per year for my webshot space but by the time the pictures are downloaded and neutered they are just not sharp like my originals.

Are there better websites on the net for around the same price? I get 3,000 photos on webshots for my $30.

Malaga: Funny thing is I just went there in Sept 04 as you can see BUT in May (1st), I will be going back. I thought I would get in a quick tour but will definitely take some more beach pics but not as many. I was just trying to post pics on webshots to use some of my space up (heck, I am paying for it).

My biggest hit on webshots (based on the stats they send me) is the Zenith Cruise Beach Pics. Since Jan 15th I have had over 20,000 views!!

I did crop just about every picture which I learned in Nikon 101. The Instructor said that cropping was very important for presentation. Someone mentioned in this thread that I may have overcropped but I think the cropping enhances the theme of the picture.

Any tips for my upcoming European trip as far as picture taking?

Thanks for the posts everyone,

Don

Rhys
04-08-2005, 05:53 AM
I pay GBP 20 per year for my webspace. For that I get 2gb transfer per month, 100mb webspace, built-in email plus my own domain name. Of course, the domain name is irrelevant as I have another domain that I use in preference, which simply redirects to the webspace. I learned ages ago to separate the functions of webspace, email, ISP and domain name.