PDA

View Full Version : Point & shoot

newbuyer
08-11-2004, 02:40 PM
I am looking for a great point & shoot camera. I am looking to replace my Advantix camera (that was great...Olympus NewPic90...30-90mm) with a digital camera. I would like something easy to use, not too complicated to operate. Something that has a decent zoom (digital as well as optical), w/ a viewfinder (so that I can have the option of using it), maybe something that I can control the shutter speed (so when I take night pictures).

I will be using this camera for you normal point & shoot useage. I just want a camera that I can take pictures of my family, friends & events & special occassions. I really won't be blowing up the pictures (if I do maybe to 5x7). I basically just want something that will help me capture great moments!

Since this will be my 1st digital camera I need some advice & suggestions!

speaklightly
08-11-2004, 07:39 PM
Here is a suggestion. Take a look at the Kodak DX-7440. It costs just about $275, and it has been reviewed by www.steves-digicams.com. It is a great digital camera with a wonderful lens with 4X optical zoom and 4X digital zoom. It has a lot of features and it is very easy to use. Take a look!

Sarah Joyce

D70FAN
08-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Here is a suggestion. Take a look at the Kodak DX-7440. It costs just about $275, and it has been reviewed by www.steves-digicams.com. It is a great digital camera with a wonderful lens with 4X optical zoom and 4X digital zoom. It has a lot of features and it is very easy to use. Take a look!

Sarah Joyce

Big LCD, and 4X optical zoom, and 4MP for $275 is a good deal. For point and shoot this is a good camera. How about the pictures? Take a look...

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/dx7440_samples.html

You might want to look at the Canon A75 as well. Smaller all around, but great pictures. (maybe less compression).

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/dx7440_samples.html

The bottom line is go to a camera store and try these and others to see what catches your fancy. These are two to start with.