PDA

View Full Version : Which camera can I control the depth of field?

groovychick
08-11-2004, 09:36 AM
I am looking for a camera to take great pictures when I travel. The things I am particular about:
Must take AA batteries,
must have a zoom,
I must be able to control the camera in terms of depth of field
I have a canon a300 and it is great for point and shoot except for the fact that it takes forever for it to take a picture....so I also want it to be able to take pics easily (no delay from the time I hit the button).
Any suggestions?
Thanks

D70FAN
08-11-2004, 12:47 PM
I am looking for a camera to take great pictures when I travel. The things I am particular about:
Must take AA batteries,
must have a zoom,
I must be able to control the camera in terms of depth of field
I have a canon a300 and it is great for point and shoot except for the fact that it takes forever for it to take a picture....so I also want it to be able to take pics easily (no delay from the time I hit the button).
Any suggestions?
Thanks

No delay? probably not, even in film cameras there is some delay. But very short delay will require a moderately priced consumer all-in-one or dSLR. dSLR's are generally very fast in all catagories.

Acceptable delay will come a little cheaper, as most moderately priced cameras introduced in the last 18 months, or so, are fairly quick. This is where reading reviews and in-person testing, comes in handy.

I suggest you start with the Canon A75 and go from there.

speaklightly
08-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Please take a good look at the reviews (www.steves-digicams.com) on the Kodak DX-7440. It has very little shutter delay. It also has a way to control depth of field, and it sells for about $275.

sarah Joyce