PDA

View Full Version : Olympus FL-36 Flash

rupert
02-07-2005, 09:23 PM
I got a FL-36 flash today..it works well and I am glad it is not any bigger/heavier on the C770.
I new it wouldn't, but I wish the low light focus light worked with the C770..I mean it needs it...so olympus just leave this out? I mean the camera must know theres low light and its hard to focus..this would have been a great and needed feature.
Still the FL-36 is waaaaaay better than the FL-20 AND its cheaper here in in Australia!!

Cheers
Roo

Jim Last
02-08-2005, 01:02 AM
Although the FL-36's focus assist lamp dosn't light with you c-770, it is far more suitable in size than the FL-40. I think this is the only Oly flash that will light the focus assista lamp on the c-series cameras. But it is larger than most of the range too! kinda takes away the idea of a pocket camera :)

The FL-36 is 10 times better than the FL-20 and really not that far behind the FL-40 in terms of flash power. But it still aint no FL-50, but then that is the size of a brick :)

rupert
02-11-2005, 04:26 PM
I also got a VARTA 15 minute charger :D for 4 AAs (or 4 AAAs).
Only 15 minutes to charge and a few for the batteries to cool down.
These are meant to last 4 times longer than alkalines and they seem to last for ages in the FL-36 flash + it comes with a car charger!
Now I'm beginning to feel like i'm in the 21st century!

If you want a fast charger get one of these!!

Rupert