PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a photography blind recommendation.........

builder24car
12-21-2009, 11:49 AM
I have a chance to get a photography blind for Christmas. Trouble is I have no idea what to look for? I've checked the usual places, Dick's Sporting Goods, Bass Pro Shops, etc and found regular hunting blinds which seem like they would work? I'll be using it mostly for birding. Anyone have any suggestions on a brand name, what to look for/not to buy, etc? Thanks! :)

Phill D
12-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Sorry builder I can't help with this one. You did educate me though as I didn't know what a photography blind was until I googled it :o I got some good ideas though from that & there were several people showing how to get hidden pretty cheaply so you might want to try google yourself if you haven't already.

Paradox
12-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Don't suppose a Ghillie suit is an option? :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghillie_suit

jekostas
12-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Don't suppose a Ghillie suit is an option? :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghillie_suit

Wouldn't the bag and tripod ruin the lines?

Anyways, yeah, builder, might as well just use a hunting blind. Really no difference, especially since hunting blinds are pretty common.

builder24car
12-23-2009, 08:29 PM
A Ghillie suit is cool Paradox, but I don't think it's for me. LOL I've been doing some googling on blinds and have done a great job of confusing myself even more. I think I'm going to just pick one and get it! :)

raven15
12-24-2009, 07:39 AM
I'm sure your local outdoors supply store, Cabella's or what have you, has a nice selection, plus you could see them and sit in them in person and decide what you like.

builder24car
12-25-2009, 06:14 PM
I didn't have time to check a store and see one in person as I got one this morning. I think it'll work fine. I did learn that you don't set the thing up in the house though! :o It's a G-10 ground blind made by Ameristep.......

Phill D
12-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Yes not exactly blending into the surroundings ;) lol

builder24car
12-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Yes not exactly blending into the surroundings ;) lol

You do have a point there Phil. Hmmm..............I'm thinking maybe repainting the kitchen in camoflauge colors? For photography purposes of course. :D

Phill D
12-29-2009, 02:45 AM
Novel idea changing the background to match your camoflauge - don't think that will catch on somehow. Look forward to seeing your wildlife shots with this though.