PDA

View Full Version : Photos of a Motorbike

Paradox
12-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Someone has asked me to take some photos of their bike - Apparently it's circa 1960's, and they want the photo taken in an old run-down industrial estate nearby. Can't say I've ever done anything like this before, so Running it past the people here who may have more experience!

I've got one flash with a remote trigger, along with stand and umbrella. I'm thinking something along the lines of put the bike in front of and between a couple of the best looking buildings, so there's some sky showing above/between them, maybe with the gap between buildings along an Ro3 line. Then expose for the sky, and use the flash to light the bike. That should hopefully allow me to get the exposure of sky, buildings, and bike reasonably even in post processing.

Alternatively I could put the camera on a tripod and expose for the sky and buildings seperately, then merge them into an HDR shot afterwards to get the expose correct.

Any comments, suggestions, tips, example shots etc would be greatly appreciated. :)