PDA

View Full Version : E-420, Please help!

ltc200314
11-15-2009, 03:48 PM
I just got an Olympus E-420 yesterday. I love the quality of pictures it takes, however I think I am doing something wrong because sometimes it won't take pictures. No matter if I hold the button down or half way down and then down, it won't take pictures. It started happening when I would switch from one mode to another such as Auto to Night, or from P to Auto, or any combination really. Is this normal? The camera will start taking pictures a few minutes later on it's own. Is there something I need to change in the settings to get this issue fixed? I don't know what to do because I love the camera, but if I don't know when it will take pictures or not, I don't want to keep the camera. Please tell me there is a way to fix this. Thanks!!!

kgosden
11-15-2009, 07:52 PM
I am guessing at two possibilities here since you did not tell us much. Either you are using the flash or you are in a fairly dark setting without flash. In scenario one, with the flash, you need to wait for the flash to recharge between shots. If the camera knows the flash is not ready, and it is set to be used, the camera will wait and not take a photo. In low light without the flash the camera will not take a photo if it cannot autfocus on the subject.

raven15
11-16-2009, 02:43 AM
Are you using liveview or the viewfinder? If you are using liveview there can be a long delay while the camera searches for focus.