PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly wont refund my money

asdasd12345
02-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Can anyone give me advice on what I can dO? I went to the bank and they told me I had to sue them...What a crap bank. I am going to close the account and go with a different bank who actually doesnt support robbery. I have called butterfly and wrote them emails but they wont return calls or emails. Please help.

Rhys
02-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Can anyone give me advice on what I can dO? I went to the bank and they told me I had to sue them...What a crap bank. I am going to close the account and go with a different bank who actually doesnt support robbery. I have called butterfly and wrote them emails but they wont return calls or emails. Please help.

How about telling us what happened? We can see you're upset but until we know what happened, we can't make suggestions.

EAP
02-04-2005, 02:50 PM
I went to the bank and they told me I had to sue them...What a crap bank.

If you purchased by credit card, usually the bank will provide some sort of assistance if you have a dispute with a retailer. If the bank will not do this, I have to wonder why. Are you adhering to Butterfly's return policy? Is the product you purchased defective? How long have you had the product you're trying to return?

asdasd12345
02-05-2005, 01:41 PM
I ordered a Pentax Optio s5i online, but about half an hour after I ordered it I changed my mind and called them to cancel it. The man said that I had successfully cancelled the order but it was already about to be shipped so he had to go pull it before the FedEx came to ship it. Later I got an email saying it had been shipped, so I called and they said to just refuse the shipment and they would refund the money. SO when it came I refused the shipment (I told FedEx I didnt want it). A few days later, when it got back to them they emailed me saying it would be 2 weeks before I got my money back. I called them but they just put me through to voicemail. I emailed them and they never wrote back. Its been over 2 weeks and they still havent refunded the money and I have never heard from them.

Rhys
02-05-2005, 02:16 PM
I ordered a Pentax Optio s5i online, but about half an hour after I ordered it I changed my mind and called them to cancel it. The man said that I had successfully cancelled the order but it was already about to be shipped so he had to go pull it before the FedEx came to ship it. Later I got an email saying it had been shipped, so I called and they said to just refuse the shipment and they would refund the money. SO when it came I refused the shipment (I told FedEx I didnt want it). A few days later, when it got back to them they emailed me saying it would be 2 weeks before I got my money back. I called them but they just put me through to voicemail. I emailed them and they never wrote back. Its been over 2 weeks and they still havent refunded the money and I have never heard from them.

If you ordered via credit card, it's a case of credit card fraud. Under UK law, you can change your mind within (I believe 14 days) of having ordered. If you have that email, send it to your CC company and they'll accept that the company has fraudulantly charged you. I had an experience like this with a web host. They held onto my cancellation email then replied after the 14 days to tell me that it was too late to cancel. I simply got onto my CC company and had everything I ever paid them refunded. All I had to do was to print out all correspondance and write an accunt of what happened - for the CC company. No problem.

I do note that CC fraud is increasing. I've had several strange transactions that I've had to report and the CC company rang me one day asking about another - when some lunatic decided they could get away with betting 200+ on some online betting site.

LinuxGuy
02-20-2005, 10:58 AM
If you have used a credit card to make this purchase, I recommend you call your credit card company and tell them about your problem. If they agree that you use pursue with a chargeback, I recommend you do to also.

You will get your money back almost immediately (provisional credit) then your credit card bank will be a middle person between the merchant and yourself to see what can be done to resolve the issue.

LinuxGuy
http://www.PriceComparison.com

asdasd12345
02-21-2005, 06:34 PM
The company refunded the money, minus the 20 dollar shipping fee that is. So basically I cancel the camera, they ship it anyway, I refuse delivery, they give me notice they recieved the return and tell me the refund will take 2 weeks, a month later I get a partial refund. The company is a scam. Im disgusted and I will be VERY careful to get everything in writing next time I deal with an online company.