PDA

View Full Version : CompUSA

plockwoo
02-04-2005, 11:54 AM
I just purchased a Canon A95 from CompUSA.com. I was impressed with their selection and pricing was reasonable. They offered penny shipping and their extended service plan was very inexpensive so I purchased that as well.

I will update this on the quickness of delivery but so far I am pleased with them.

Fred
02-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Don't know anything about a CompUSA purchase, but do have the A95 and really like it. Wishing you as much fun with yours as I have with mine! :)

Rex914
02-07-2005, 10:18 PM
CompUSA also seems to have a few models for shockingly low prices for a mainstream retailer (Powershot Pro1 for $499 anyone?). And if you don't like the online thing, you can do the in-store pick up to take advantage of ordering online with the shipping and hassle.

plockwoo
02-16-2005, 08:16 AM
I wasn't that happy with CompUSA after the order. They said 1-2 day processing but it was more like 5-7 days. They sent the order to a warehouse which didn't have the camera. Instead of sending it to a new one for processing it just sat there. There was no communication to me regarding status and it was only due to my calling customer service that got them to send the order to a different warehouse.

They were suppose to e-mail with a confirmation of shipping; I got it the camera on Feb 11th and I still have gotten any further e-mails from them.

I liked their selelection and prices but wasn't crazy about their online service. I would recommend that you buy directly from the store.

Rex914
02-16-2005, 04:57 PM
I know this defeats the purpose, but you can do a pick-up order to take advantage of online prices without the hassle of the online process.