PDA

View Full Version : SLR or pana fz20-post processing?

stonehill
02-04-2005, 09:26 AM
O.K. I'm a busy mom of 3 and want to take good pictures. Between the Pana fz20 and a slr which has a higher learning curve? Also which requires less post processing. I would like to be able to take lots of photos and just delete the bad one. I don't want to sit on the computer for hours making them into good photos. Maybe some cropping and getting the red eye out but thats it. Any advice?

jeisner
02-04-2005, 02:40 PM
FZ20 will be easier to learn, SLR requires a little more commitment IMO

As for PP, well most DSL users that I know do PP, not all FZ20 users I know do, that said if you hate noise, noise reduction is required much more for the FZ20 pictures, if your not pedantic you shold be finne though ;)

Rhys
02-04-2005, 03:01 PM
O.K. I'm a busy mom of 3 and want to take good pictures. Between the Pana fz20 and a slr which has a higher learning curve? Also which requires less post processing. I would like to be able to take lots of photos and just delete the bad one. I don't want to sit on the computer for hours making them into good photos. Maybe some cropping and getting the red eye out but thats it. Any advice?

I shot this with my Canon S1 IS. I had to do a manual exposure or the doves would have been little white blobs and I had to tweak it a little with photoshop elements because I shot it through a double-glazed window. It's really not bad though and this is a crop from the centre of the frame.

I think you'll find the auto features of an all-in-one are excellent and then you have all the manual features to play with as you learn.