PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Finepix3800 won't turn on

Treesha
02-01-2005, 08:58 PM
This seems silly, but I was using my Finepix3800 on Sunday and yesterday the power won't turn on. I put in new batteries and not a thing. I have no idea what to check- the camera is fairly straightforward and I can't figure out what to try...any ideas?

beachbug
02-07-2005, 11:10 AM
That has happened to me, I usually turn it off then turn it back on again, then it works. I use the rechargeable batteries

byteme
02-11-2005, 12:01 PM
make sure the batteries are in the right way ive meesed that up before as the marks for battery polarization isnt very clear .. :p

deeje
07-27-2005, 06:44 PM
My 3800 won't turn on either, I did all the battery checks and still no luck. It will however turn on when connected to dc power. This is my second fuji camera that just quit working! Any help would be appreciated.

yelgnit
08-16-2005, 08:41 PM
My S3000 won't turn on either, tried new batteries and AC adaptor. Nothing. I've seen this problem pop up when I searched for solutions on the internet. Hope I don't have to trash it. Its less than two years old.

Dragonmun
06-24-2006, 11:34 AM
I have a really old Finepix 2400z that was doing the same thing. After searching the web for answers I found a couple of theories: 1.) an internal battery had died and 2.) there wasn't enough volatage powering the camera.

Well after taking it apart about 5 times (I'd give up and put it back together to save for later) I gave up and trying to find an internal battery and decided to try the battery thing.

I decided to test this with a new pack of batteries (even though I knew the one's inside it were new) and got the same result. I'd go to zoom in on something and the camera would switch off.

That was when I realized that the new batteries I put in were the same as the batteries that I put in when I started having trouble with the camera. All of them were rayovac.

I then dug the Energizers and Duracell batteries out of the remotes and threw them into the camera to see if that would work... and it did.

Turns out that the cheeper brand of batteries (which works for everything else) just don't provide enough power to the camera to make it work. So now I know for sure that I have to give my energy-hog camera the expensive batteries if I don't go with the rechargeable ones.

Hope that helps.