PDA

View Full Version : Zoom Tips (when the zoom is having trouble (stuck) when camera is turned on)

SportsConcertFan
07-05-2009, 06:22 PM
If there is anytime that your lens get stuck, turn the area where it zooms and play around with it until you get your zoom focus back. You know there are 3 parts in the lens. the 2nd part is where its supposed to turn in a circle and the 3rd part is the actual zoom that goes in and out. If there is some grit or dust or dirt or whatever in any of these areas, it will mess with the zoom. Right when you turn your camera on and the lens come out, turn the 2nd part and then the zoom part (3) should come out. It may take a few try's to get the zoom back normal again, but it will work. I also turned the middle til I heard a click at one time and I think thats what helped it. Also playing around with the mode as well and trying to take a picture when the lens is trying to focus.

That's a good tip for you guys to use if you turn your camera on and your zoom starts going crazy or gets stuck. Sometimes dirt or something can do that. I just figured that out and want to share this with you guys just incase anyone has had a problem like I did with the zoom getting stuck or cannot come out. Lens can open, but if the zoom is not coming out, then the camera will tell you to turn it off and try again. Some cameras just has an error like the canans (e18) and the screen is black, but this same thing apply's to all cameras. If this method does not work, go to the next step which is open up the camera (taking little screws out and being careful with anything thats attached to the cover on the front or back) and see if there is there is grit or dirt or dust and everything is in its alignment where its supposed to be. If everything is fine there, then something else is wrong.

If the zoom area is stuck, then the camera will tell you to turn off and on again. Without the zoom, pictures are blury and the camera won't work. This is something every camera user needs to know.

K1W1
07-05-2009, 06:40 PM
This is something every camera user needs to know.

That may well be the case but your explanation is anything but clear. I know that your intentions are god but I suspect that you will confuse a lot of people with your descriptions. The very first thing that you need to do is specify what cameras you are talking about there are many different sorts of cameras and types of zoom operation and your description does not cover everything and cannot cover everything.

SportsConcertFan
07-05-2009, 07:36 PM
http://www.e18error.com/repair.html this is where I got my info on how to fix my panasonic lumix camera. It does not have to be a canan to follow these directions. I used #4 to solve my problem, which is usually when the lens get stuck and then have to force the zoom to open up to get it back working. I was trying to explain in my own words how I fixed mine. I have a learning disorder where it is hard for me to type stuff up and try to make as much sense as I can. just read that url. you will understand better there than my own words

David Metsky
07-05-2009, 08:37 PM
While the technique on the page (and the link is easier to understand than what you've typed up here) can work, there's no reason to believe that it will work for every camera problems. It's not something that I'd make a blanket recommendation to everyone and every camera. And when it does work, there's a good possibility that the grit or whatever that is blocking the lens will come back and cause the problem again.

There's no magic bullet, but this type of technique has some benefits.

SportsConcertFan
07-05-2009, 09:05 PM
There is no way in opening up the lens and taking the grit out right? theres no screw to open the lens up (take apart) and see if theres any dirt and I could not get the front cover open (only the back). On my camera, there are little holes around the 2nd (where the lens turns) and 3rd area (the zoom) of the lens so that I can zoom, so there must be grit in there. I have not yet figured out how to take the lens apart yet. At least I got the camera back working though. I just want to be able to clean it out.