PDA

View Full Version : During my ongoing research...

Geoff Chandler
02-01-2005, 04:19 AM
Just been into my local camera shop (in Wallington Surrey) - they reckon the Minolta A200 is to be discontinued. !!! It will still be 2 - 3 weeks before the first Olympus C-7070's appear in the shop - and they will be selling for 499=
Meanwhile - Jessops of Croydon, Surrey, - reckon they may well get the C-7070 in, but no news just yet - watch the internet. They do sell the A200 (499 as well) and have not heard of it being discontinued.
You may think I am comparing the wrong 2 cameras here as the minolta A200 usually compares with the Oly C8080 & the Nikon cp8800 - true maybe - but the A200 is smaller and nearly edges into my ideal size. The others are a tad too large.
I'm hoping Jessops wil do the C-7070 as they do a bit of price matching on the quiet and I have seen much cheaper prices around.
Anyone else hard anything about discontinuation of reletively newstuff??

gary_hendricks
02-20-2005, 01:37 AM
Just been into my local camera shop (in Wallington Surrey) - they reckon the Minolta A200 is to be discontinued. !!! It will still be 2 - 3 weeks before the first Olympus C-7070's appear in the shop - and they will be selling for 499=
Meanwhile - Jessops of Croydon, Surrey, - reckon they may well get the C-7070 in, but no news just yet - watch the internet. They do sell the A200 (499 as well) and have not heard of it being discontinued.
You may think I am comparing the wrong 2 cameras here as the minolta A200 usually compares with the Oly C8080 & the Nikon cp8800 - true maybe - but the A200 is smaller and nearly edges into my ideal size. The others are a tad too large.
I'm hoping Jessops wil do the C-7070 as they do a bit of price matching on the quiet and I have seen much cheaper prices around.
Anyone else hard anything about discontinuation of reletively newstuff??

Discontinued???!!! Haven't heard of that.

Geoff Chandler
02-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Yes I thought it was odd - but the little shop in Wallington insisted it happens quite often. However - as stated before - Jessops had no knowledge of it being discontinued ~ could be a replacement is on the way or it could be a rumour.
Either way it doesn't matter to me - you can stil get one if you need to - and I will probably do one last comparison at Jessops as they will have both in the shop.
Geoff