PDA

View Full Version : Your e-620 review

joachim
06-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi Jeff,

thanks for your interesting review of the Oly E-620. I have one broken link to report and a comment:

The ISO 100 studio image (still live) can't be retrieved (file not found error)
Concerning the highlight clipping, it was reported on other sites that the lates 12 MP Oly SLRs have better highlight retention at ISO 200 and more and have less highlight range at ISO 100. Did you get a chance to look into this?

Thanks again for your review.

Joachim

Jeff Keller
06-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Hi Jeff,

thanks for your interesting review of the Oly E-620. I have one broken link to report and a comment:

The ISO 100 studio image (still live) can't be retrieved (file not found error)
Concerning the highlight clipping, it was reported on other sites that the lates 12 MP Oly SLRs have better highlight retention at ISO 200 and more and have less highlight range at ISO 100. Did you get a chance to look into this?

Thanks again for your review.

Joachim

Link fixed. I've heard about the ISO 200/better highlight retention but I took the "purple fringing tunnel of doom" at ISO 200 and it wasn't any better.

joachim
06-26-2009, 03:14 AM
Link fixed. I've heard about the ISO 200/better highlight retention but I took the "purple fringing tunnel of doom" at ISO 200 and it wasn't any better.

Hi Jeff,

thanks for the reply. Why don't you add this to your review? I figure there must be a lot of interest in this highlight thing.

I noticed when comparing your night shoots, the ISO 100 ones have blue fringes around a lot of the highlights, which the higher ISO ones do not have. I was wondering whether this is associated or not to a better highlight headroom.

Ta
Joachim

Jeff Keller
06-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Well, I went out and reshot the tunnel of doom photo, but since I used ISO bracketing, it didn't come out right. So I'll have to try again :confused:

joachim
06-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Well, I went out and reshot the tunnel of doom photo, but since I used ISO bracketing, it didn't come out right. So I'll have to try again :confused:

Hi Jeff,

thanks for doing this. By the way, what is ISO bracketing? You select a shutter and aperture (as in manual) and the camera brackets by upping and downing the ISO? Wasn't aware there is such a feature, but once I start thinking about it, it makes sense in some situations.

Ta
Joachim