PDA

View Full Version : I am leaning toward the Sony F717, need your final approval, lol

alnafsalzaki
08-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Hi,

After 5 days of almost constant research (my house is a mess and haven't cooked in days), I have decided on the F717. Many reviewers have said that it is among the best in it's class in terms of indoor and outdoor images. It is almost reputed to be user friendly to the beginner but I will have the luxury to learn on it. At the same time, I don't want to fiddle around for 3 mintues setting the camera when a cute shot of one of my kids is at hand. Will this present those problems?

Any opinions would help.

Thanks again guys

D70FAN
08-10-2004, 12:18 PM
Hi,

After 5 days of almost constant research (my house is a mess and haven't cooked in days), I have decided on the F717. Many reviewers have said that it is among the best in it's class in terms of indoor and outdoor images. It is almost reputed to be user friendly to the beginner but I will have the luxury to learn on it. At the same time, I don't want to fiddle around for 3 mintues setting the camera when a cute shot of one of my kids is at hand. Will this present those problems?

Any opinions would help.

Thanks again guys

Auto mode on any camera means "point-n-shoot" no-muss, no-fuss. You should enjoy many years of fun and creative photography with the 717. I always forget about this camera, but enjoyed using it very much, when I was cruisin' the camera stores last spring. So for me it would be a toss up between the Sony 717 and the Panasonic FZ10. The 717 would win on it's low light focus capability, and the FZ10 on it's 12X(!) ("kid-finder") stabilized lens.

For family shooting, indoors and out, the 717 is a good choice. But just for giggles I would be remiss if I did not advise you to TRY the Panasonic FZ10 for size and then see how the FZ15 comes out in a few weeks. The addition of an AF illuminator and that long-zoom for kids sports, may just swing the pendulum in the FZ15's favor.