PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Colors

PhotoMaster
06-10-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm having a issue with windows 7 and the color management. It looks very different from my windows xp setup with the exact same monitor settings. Does anyone have any info on this?

jcon
06-15-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm having a issue with windows 7

Probably because its still in BETA and hasnt been officially released yet.

erichlund
06-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Actually, it's now the release candidate, not beta. I've got it on a laptop, and I'm not messing with color management on that, so I can't answer to that, but I suspect it's color management is very similar to Vista, and I've had no problem there.

There have been a few rough patches with 7, but I think most of the issues we've had are due to the fact that I put an account on the machine for my wife (Did I say that out loud?) For instance, the other day, I went to log into my account, opened the lid, and the machine was sort of stuck. The background was up, but there was no content and no response to keyboard or mouse. Turns out, my wife logged out and immediately shut the lid, without waiting for the screen indicating that she had logged off. Shutting the lid while the computer is still processing ONLY seems to work OK when going to sleep / hibernate / or true shutdown. That may be more an HP laptop issue than a Windows 7 issue. I know you can seriously damage the OS by closing the lid while the computer is doing a Windows update. My original, as purchased, OS (Vista Home Premium), became completely unbootable when my wife "helped" me by closing the lid for me after I left for work (I sense a trend here). Aren't laptops fun?!!