PDA

View Full Version : worst in uk ?

plumb
01-30-2005, 01:30 PM
i had read reviews on the cannon S1is and thought this was the camera for me,the first place I went to was Argos and they had them in,I purchased one for 399.99 and was delighted.on arriving home I happened to find on the computer the cannon website only to find I had been grossly overcharged,the cheapest I have seen it advertised for was 299,the dearest 344.Argos is supposed to be a cut price store,I got nowhere with the store , I am still delighted with the camera but get really angry when reading a magazine and seeing the price I could have got it for.The moral of the story is ,do your homework,find out everything about the camera and dont buy on impulse,here endeth todays lesson.
Ps,I wish I had found this Forum page earlier.

Rhys
01-30-2005, 02:02 PM
i had read reviews on the cannon S1is and thought this was the camera for me,the first place I went to was Argos and they had them in,I purchased one for 399.99 and was delighted.on arriving home I happened to find on the computer the cannon website only to find I had been grossly overcharged,the cheapest I have seen it advertised for was 299,the dearest 344.Argos is supposed to be a cut price store,I got nowhere with the store , I am still delighted with the camera but get really angry when reading a magazine and seeing the price I could have got it for.The moral of the story is ,do your homework,find out everything about the camera and dont buy on impulse,here endeth todays lesson.
Ps,I wish I had found this Forum page earlier.

Yes. Argos is not the cheapest place in the world. However, they do have a liberal returns policy. Perhaps if you wrote a letter to the MD explaining the situation politely and asking if it was company policy to overcharge by over 30% then you might get somewhere. Don't waste your time with the local store.

Personally, I never buy anything from Argos. They sell themselves as cut-price but often are quite expensive.

Jim Last
01-30-2005, 02:28 PM
How long have you had it?

I'd just box it all up and walk in the store and return it!

If you are past the 16 Day returns, then you could always fine a minor 'fault' with it and say you are not happy with the camera and demand a refund.

If you make up your mind to get it returned then you will normally be able to succeed.

Geoff Chandler
01-31-2005, 09:28 AM
Interesting to not that Argos have reduced the price on that one now!! ~ It's 369.99 now!!
I was looking however and found they do a good price on the Canon Pixma 4000 printer at 99=
Haven't found much of a better deal on that at all - and it's a 5 minute drive for me.
Geoff

plumb
01-31-2005, 09:46 AM
unfortunately guys ive had it now 6 months,at this point in time I just cant be bothered with the hassle,but its taught me a good lesson,dont buy the first one you see,shop around
Thanks anyway

Geoff Chandler
01-31-2005, 04:55 PM
Let it go.!
Enjoy the camera and put it down to experience.
You never know if you'd changed it ( if you could have ) you might
have got a problem one ~ just trying to smooth it over a bit
Geoff

Rhys
01-31-2005, 05:31 PM
The best way to buy cameras is always at the end of their run. All the problems have been ironed out by then and the problems are all known. Plus the prices are a lot lower. That's how I buy all my cameras!