PDA

View Full Version : Photo software

Jimnphx
01-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Sorry I couldn't solve this one myself. I read somewhere on this website about free software to help organize all your pictures on your computer. I forogt to write the name down and now cannot find the post.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

Thanks

Jim

sherlock
01-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Hi Jim,

I think the software you are talking about is called Picasa. I might be wrong though and at Steves Digicams there is a whole page about photo organizers- http://www.steves-digicams.com/digsoftware_albums.html . Hope this helps!

Andrew S.

Jimnphx
02-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Thanks... I guess I was just too glassy eyed from reading posts about cameras that I couldn't see the post just a few lines down from mine for Picasa. <G>

Also thanks for the link on reviews.

Jim

gary_hendricks
02-08-2005, 07:45 AM
Jimnphx,

Yes, agreed. Picasa is a great free tool is you don't mind using Google software.

Rhys
02-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Jimnphx,

Yes, agreed. Picasa is a great free tool is you don't mind using Google software.

It's handy in that it hunts for all your photos on the whole system.

If - like me though - you know where all your photos are, it's easier to use Windows built-in thumbnails.

Geoff Chandler
02-08-2005, 09:52 AM
And I've been using ACDsee - since before the days of Windows Thumbnails - so I just carry on using it and love it. - Well not LOVE, but, y'know really find it easy to use etc...
Apparently you can get a free download of that as well. Don't know the site - but I'm sure you can find it in Google.

Geoff

gary_hendricks
02-09-2005, 11:45 AM
And I've been using ACDsee - since before the days of Windows Thumbnails - so I just carry on using it and love it. - Well not LOVE, but, y'know really find it easy to use etc...
Apparently you can get a free download of that as well. Don't know the site - but I'm sure you can find it in Google.

Geoff

Hey I used ACDSee right up to version 4. After that, the just started adding too many 'wizard' type of features to the program. Which I hate.

Now I use Adobe Photoshop Album instead. Great stuff.