PDA

View Full Version : Just curious as to what you have to say about these digi's

kaykay
08-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Pro's/Con's
Does anyone currently own or plan to buy one of these?
What would be your pick and why?

-Canon E0S Digital Rebel

-Canon ES0-10 D

-Canon Power shot Pro 1

-Canon Power shot G5

does higher MP always mean better image quality?

D70FAN
08-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Pro's/Con's
Does anyone currently own or plan to buy one of these?
What would be your pick and why?

-Canon E0S Digital Rebel

-Canon ES0-10 D

-Canon Power shot Pro 1

-Canon Power shot G5

does higher MP always mean better image quality?

- EOS Digital Rebel - if you have Canon Lenses otherwise the Nikon D70 is a better value.

- EOS 10D - For less money the D70 is a better value.

- Power Shot Pro 1. Not worth it, better to buy the Rebel, unless you need movie mode.

- G5 - good choice for an all-in-one. Better than the Pro 1.

- Higher MP, as in 8MP, does not necessarily mean better picture quality. Get a camera with RAW+JPEG mode for best results. However, RAW requires post processing.

Try them all and see which one is best for you. My ideal camera, may not be yours. All take good pictures, some are just better at one thing than another.

Rhys
08-10-2004, 03:59 AM
- EOS Digital Rebel - if you have Canon Lenses otherwise the Nikon D70 is a better value.

- EOS 10D - For less money the D70 is a better value.

- Power Shot Pro 1. Not worth it, better to buy the Rebel, unless you need movie mode.

- G5 - good choice for an all-in-one. Better than the Pro 1.

I think the Pro 1 is definitely overpriced. The S1 seems better value at half the price.

As far as the D70/10D/300D are concerned, I still feel that at the moment it's not really worthwhile to buy a dSLR while there are some pretty decent all-in-one ultrazooms such as the FZ10, FZ15, FZ20, S1, the new Kodak etc.

I looked in my local camera shop window yesterday and noted with interest that the Nikon 3200 is selling for GBP 170 while I paid GBP 235 for my 3100 only a year ago. It seems to me that the digital compacts are heading down toward a GBP 80 price range.

Similarly, I can see that the dSLRs are heading downhill in terms of price too. As soon as full 35mm equivalent becomes the norm then I imagine the current crop of dSLRs will be going for around the same price as their film equivalents.