PDA

View Full Version : Nikon D1H

andersphoto
01-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Hi All, I am new to the forum, but really need someone's expertise help. Before heading over to Ireland my CCD sensor on my Nikon D1H got scratched while I was cleaning it. Does anyone know how much Nikon charges to fix it? or if it can just be recoated?
Thanks
Andersphoto a.k.a. Anders :)

D70FAN
01-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Hi All, I am new to the forum, but really need someone's expertise help. Before heading over to Ireland my CCD sensor on my Nikon D1H got scratched while I was cleaning it. Does anyone know how much Nikon charges to fix it? or if it can just be recoated?
Thanks
Andersphoto a.k.a. Anders :)

You will have to call Nikon on that one. I have talked to the guys at Tempe camera for someone who scratched their D70 sensor and they basically said there is no one left to replace it except Nikon.

I know that there are people who remove the filter to do IR photography, but I'm not sure where they get the replacement glass (you don't want to leave the sensor unprotected). Maybe Edmonds has IR glass as well, so you can DIY (if you are brave).

Here is a starting point, but if you google, dslr IR conversion, you may find others.

http://www.digitalweddingforum.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Edu&Number=259656&Main=259656

Of course if you do this conversion you will need to have an IR filter on the lens for normal shooting. ;)