PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! Asap!!!!

shutterbug
08-09-2004, 11:15 AM
This is my 1st time using this forum. And after reading some of the postings I sort of feel a little better knowing that I am not the only one that is confused as to which camera to buy. I know that everyone wants that magical answer, but I know that there really isn't one out there. However, I am still asking for HELP!!!

I really want to buy a digital camera. However, I don't know which one I want. I am a novice so I don't need a high tech camera, but I do want one that will not need to be replaced in a couple of months.

I love taking pictures and I want a camera that is user friendly. One that will take great pictures no matter if it is night or day. Once again, I know that there are exceptions. I also want a camera that is very realiable & of course affordable ($400 or less). I don't really care if it can take movies or this or that as long as I can take pics.

There are so many out there to choose from. A friend of mine has the new Canon Powershot Elph S410. However, I need advice!!!! :confused:

Any advice, suggestions, recommendations....basically any help!!!!!!!!

ASAP!!!!
:D

John_Reed
08-09-2004, 12:02 PM
This is my 1st time using this forum. And after reading some of the postings I sort of feel a little better knowing that I am not the only one that is confused as to which camera to buy. I know that everyone wants that magical answer, but I know that there really isn't one out there. However, I am still asking for HELP!!!

I really want to buy a digital camera. However, I don't know which one I want. I am a novice so I don't need a high tech camera, but I do want one that will not need to be replaced in a couple of months.

I love taking pictures and I want a camera that is user friendly. One that will take great pictures no matter if it is night or day. Once again, I know that there are exceptions. I also want a camera that is very realiable & of course affordable ($400 or less). I don't really care if it can take movies or this or that as long as I can take pics.

There are so many out there to choose from. A friend of mine has the new Canon Powershot Elph S410. However, I need advice!!!! :confused:

Any advice, suggestions, recommendations....basically any help!!!!!!!!

ASAP!!!!
:DSo, you've been watching for awhile, now you must make your move, ASAP!!!! What's the hurry? These things are complicated, as you've discovered. You might try learning about how to select a digital camera for your own personal needs at a good on-line site, (http://www.shortcourses.com/) for starters. To do a good job of selecting the right one for you, you'll undoubtedly have to start by listing the things that you want to do with the camera, like what kind of pictures you like to take, indoor, outdoor, with flash, without flash, wildlife, architecture, etc. Starting from there should make it easier to help you.