PDA

View Full Version : DX 7590 Firmware Update

Cold Snail
01-26-2005, 08:28 AM
I spotted THIS (http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/downloads/dln_ekn.jhtml?pq-path=3063&ekn=EKN029622)

And thought that DX7590 owners should know about it.

Creaker
01-27-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm curious to see how much it will improve low light focus. I've noticed when I try to take pics in low light the camera has a hard time focusing. Also, I take a lot of bird pics and it often doesn't seem to know what to focus on, so a lot of my pics are out of focus. This one was okay, tho...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Creekman/Scenics/card_fence3.jpg

Paulonetwothree
02-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Hey coldsnail

I've noticed that there's firmware for the dx6490, what does it do? is it worth upgrading?

powerman_af
02-03-2005, 12:01 PM
I am having problems with this firmware upgrade. I put it on my SD card and nothing happens when my camera turns on, it just loads up as normal. Can anyone help me with this?

GoBengals
02-06-2005, 01:47 PM
did you follow the instrauctions once you put the card in the camera:

Make sure the camera is not connected to the computer and follow the steps in Upgrading Your Camera to complete the upgrade.

Upgrading Your Camera

Turn on the camera and select Upgrade.
Then select Continue. The Upgrade takes about two minutes to complete.
When complete, select Delete Upgrade File if you used a Memory Card to upgrade your camera firmware. If you used Internal Memory, the firmware file is automatically deleted, select EXIT.
Turn the camera off and then back on. The new firmware is now active.

leoych
02-07-2005, 12:14 AM
Hi guys,

I m a new proud owner of the DX7590 and hope to learn some new tricks here. Btw, I had also first encountered some problem when trying to upgrade the firmware although following the instructions step-by-step.

After much mind-boggling and fiddling around I had discovered that when you transfer the file from your pc (after download) to either your SD card or internal memory, you have to create a system folder (literally). That means for example: format ur SD card, create a folder and name it 'System' then open the System folder and copy/paste the file into it.

Disconnect ur camera from ur PC, turn it off and insert your SD card. Turn it on and voila. Everything is auto-pilot. After upgrading, it will prompt you to delete the files.

Samples of my first few try-outs
http://images.fotopic.net/ysun6c.jpg

Hope this helps!

lemon67
02-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Hey guys, I need some help. I just recently bought the Dx7590, and I also want to do the firmware upgrade in hopes that It will improve low-light shots.

K so I have downloaded the file and extracted it and everything. So when I go to 'My Computer' I click on 'DX750 Digital Zoom Camera' and when I go into the camera, all I see is one file called DDISCVRY, and I cant do anything, Like I cant drag and drop images or the Firmware file in, I cant create folders, so no system folder and I cant paste stuff onto the camera. The options that windows gives me on the side are, Get pictures from camera, Delete pictures from camera, and Camera Properties. I have formatted the memory card and the internal memory. So If someone could help me that would be great. :)

lemon67
02-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Does no one know what i should do?

Franknbeans
02-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Thank you very much... I had no idea that the firmware could even be updated or that kodak did such things on their site.

Robstreats
02-19-2005, 10:19 AM
I too had difficulties in this upgrade - I used my SD card. You must firstly delete everything from the card including empty directories; than create a folder called 'System' and then copy the unzipped upgrade file to the new system folder. Then put the card back in & hey presto, its works as per the instructions on the Kodak site - They could have made it clearer. :)

Ozzman39
07-25-2005, 07:15 PM
i to just updated to the latest firmware it updated fine but its not working as good as before i upfated the auto focus worked alot better before i did and the colors were alot better and the focuz in dark areas worked alot better before i did it i was wondering and hopeing if someone might have a coppy of the orignal firmware that i could get a coppy of it would be much apreacheated

Ozzman39
07-25-2005, 07:20 PM
i to just upgrated the firmware and i not likeine the changes it made the auto phocus at night time dosent work as well not and the colors are not as good in my opinion i was wondering and hopeing if anyone might have a orignal coppy of the orignal firmware to roll it back to or know how to do it with a option in the camra? any help would be apreacheated thanks